Simply irresistible

This has been the greatest birthday weekend ever!
This morning, I woke up around 730 still chuckling about the events that took place last night. Chad told me that I fell asleep rather early and was 'growling' in my sleep. Apparently Cappy starting growling/talking in sync to my noises. That made me giggle.
Today Chad finally did some yard work. Hooray! We aren't the white trash of the neighborhood anymore! We actually trimmed our Crepe Myrtles and took care of our front yard. I'm really hoping the Crepe Myrtles bloom this year - I'm quite excited to see what color they are!!!
Since it was so hot and humid we had to bathe again before heading out. I wore my only pair of tennis shoes out pulling weeds and trimming the trees, so I got my hubby to promise he'd buy me a new pair! I found a $50 Academy gift card in my wallet, so although I wanted to go to The Finish Line, I settled on Academy. Of course, the pair I wanted was out of stock. There was actually another guy looking for the same shoe in the same size - so we ended up helping each other find shoes. (They were a Christmas present for his daughter.). I found a pair that would suffice, even though they aren't Nike Free. They are Nike, and I'm hoping they end up as comfy as my Free's. They were only $50, so if I hate them, no big deal.
We had the pleasure of telling the story from last night numerous times today. Chad wanted to head to Center Court to see what all was being said. (Sometimes it feels like I still live in a small town). Jake, his favorite bartender, was working and we met this really nice older dude named Michael from Atlanta. We've both run into Michael a few times, but I thought he was kind of creepy. Turns out that he's not and we had a blast. Michael bought us a Fireball shot and surprised me with a piece of chocolate mousse cake. Holy hell, was it amazing! You see, I played let's make a deal with Chad. The agreement was one drink and then we'd head home. Well, we stayed for three hours. There are some pretty cool people who hang out there. They also pulled me out of my quiet, anti-social shell!
We finally left and headed home. Chad has some spreadsheets to do for work and I've been finishing laundry. It had been a great birthday weekend, and I'm sad to see it come to an end. I just have to remind myself - four days until my weekend....


Comments

Popular Posts