Whew!

Home Sweet Home. Today was one of those days that you never care to have, where you can't get home soon enough.
Tracey called me last night to inform me that her little guy had a high fever. She had patients starting at 7 this morning, so she needed me to cancel all of her patients up to 1. Knowing full well how crazy it would be (and wanting to catch our 7 before they left the house/got to the office), I arrived at 615 this morning to start making phone calls. I had the schedule figured out - moving patients over to Carlos where acceptable. I just a sidenote: I'm not sure people fully understand how tricky my job can be. Scheduling appointments is like a puzzle that is missing pieces)
At 704 it happened. Carlos called. He had a sick kid and his wife had to work, leaving him with the pukey kid. Ugh!
So, I start working on calling his patients. And then he calls me again - his mother in law was going to come stay with the puker. Whew! And then, apparently, his other kid starts puking. Two puking kids = a two person job. I resume calling. Thankfully, his wife was only working a half day, so he would be back among the working around noon. At this point, I'm just praying that he doesn't decide to share those icky puke germs.
Tracey stopped by after her little guy was seen by the doctor with bad news. Little dude has RSV. Thankfully her husband could take tomorrow off, but Tracey is now unable to work on Friday. Lets just say that our schedules are TRIPLE-booked tomorrow, from 7am to 7pm. I'm pretty certain that by the time I get home tomorrow, I'm going to be in major need of a cocktail and sleep.
Oh, I forgot to add in that during all of this rescheduling our phone was ringing off the hook - mostly from the same people and an insurance company, demanding answers to questions that don't make a bit of sense. By 2, I was ready to run outside and scream at the top of my lungs. Today was a very long day, and I have zero desire to repeat it.
That is all, folks. I'm done bitching for the night....

Comments

Popular Posts