What a Great Christmas

Despite being homesick, Chad and I had a pretty good Christmas.  It was rather low-key and quiet, but we both enjoyed it.
We slept in for awhile and then got up to open presents with the boys.  Cappy was more excited about Willie's toys than anything we had purchased for him.  Willie was a typical cat, disinterested in his things.  Chad and I had quite a few laughs when opening gifts - the horrifically ugly cat shirt I bought Chad and the silly DVDs, and my stocking stuffers and vacuum were the funny things I received.  The stocking stuffers were silly - there was no point to any of them, but I loved them anyway.  The vacuum is another story...we knew we needed a new vacuum, but I was floored that he gave it to me for Christmas.  Normally, I would have pissed and moaned about it but I made off pretty well.  We got a blender (which was desperately needed) and some picture frames.  The best gift was the "hidden gift" that I wasn't suppose to see yesterday - a beautiful diamond necklace!!!  It is so simple and perfect, I absolutely love it!!!
The weather was awful, we had tornado watches all day, and there were some tornado warnings mixed in that kept interrupting the Disney Parade.  That did not make Diana happy.  We ran out to Carls Jr (Hardee's for you Illinois peeps) for burgers for lunch, as they've become my new favorite. After we ate, we spent some time browsing laptops and purchasing one.  Chad will be getting his big Christmas gift tomorrow, and he's pretty excited about it.
The remainder of the day was spent lounging around watching movies and cuddling with the boys.  Unfortunately, the wind was relentless, so we didn't grill our Christmas steaks.  We are hoping to do that tomorrow night.  I made a packaged Bertolli meal and will be the first to admit how delicious they really are!  Mmmmm!!!
After dinner Chad showed me some things online and we booked a Disney Vacation in May!  I'm totally excited, especially since we've not been in over a year.  We are leaving Houston on 5/11 and staying at Gaylord Palms for a few days before checking into The Wilderness Lodge (WL) on the 14th.  We will be heading back to Houston on the 18th.  There are so many things that we want to do while we're there, and I've already got our dining planned out.  This trip we will be eating at Be Our Guest (in the new fantasyland), Nine Dragons, Tutto Italian, 'Ohana, and San Angel Inn.  Two of these meals are repeats, the other three are new ones.  I attempted to schedule The Coral Reef in there but somebody wasn't having it.  Sigh!  Doesn't he know it's my favorite?!?!?!
I've already sent an email to my bosses requesting the time off.  We have our room at the Gaylord booked (thank you, PCI!), and all that is left to do is buy Plane tickets and reserve a rental car.  I'm seriously so happy I could scream!!!  I'm so thankful that my husband loves Disney as much as I do.

Now to decide...do I buy that new purse or not?!?!?

Comments

Popular Posts