All together now

We both woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. Bad thing is that we had appointments with Dr Vanderzyl. We rushed around like chickens with our heads cut off trying to make it on time. Which we did. Nine am, on the dot. How's that for timing?!?!

Chad admitted that he had a lot of not so good habits, which was important. Dr V looked at his bad ankle and ordered X-rays for him. This should come in handy since he has an appointment with Dr Varner (the local foot and ankle god) next month. He has also been referred to Dr Lipshultz, a world famous Urologist, for his 'overactive bladder' and male factor infertility. I get to schedule that appointment when I get to work on Monday.
My appointment was looking good, he gave me some samples of a new heartburn pill to try, since I've been having issues again. Chad ratted me out, and told him about my sleep eating. Apparently, that is a fairly common side effect with Ambien - even more common in women. So, this month ill be trying out Sonata. I liked Lunesta and will go back to it if I don't get good relief from Sonata.
There were a few moments, like usual, that we put Dr V's professionalism to the test. We are so very blessed to have such a wonderful physician who you can talk to without feeling like you're being judged. We now have appointments scheduled for March. In some ways, I think it's a good thing that he makes us come in every few months - it keeps us accountable. And, unlike crazy Dr Salmon, we don't mind waiting for him because he takes his time with all his patients - he was with us for a full hour! So glad we have such a wonderful doctor!
I ran to target on my way home to do some Christmas shopping. I didn't get much, but I've gathered ideas for people and have made some very small purchases. Tomorrow we plan on going to the premium outlets in Cypress to get some Christmas shopping completed. (And, may I throw out that they have a Disney Store...)
We had tickets to the Rockets v Celtics game tonight, courtesy of on of Chad's suppliers. We had intentions of going, but realized that we just wanted to relax and spend time together so we gave them to my coworker, Carlos. (Or, as Chad likes to refer to him my 'Cuban brother.' Turns out the seats were pretty good and Carlos is having a good time. I'm glad, because h needed it. (And deserves it for putting up with me and listening to me vent!)
Chad received his bonus check today, but silly Uncle Sam took almost $30,000 out of it. I'm hoping we will see a bit of that back. To celebrate our soon to be 'stress-free' life, I think we are going out to Perry's tomorrow night for dinner. Mmmm!!!

On a much more serious note, the shootings in Connecticut really upsets me. Innocent children injured and killed, and parents cannot so anything to protect their children. Chad and I had actually discussed private schools last night. I have been leaning more and more towards private (preferably parochial) schools lately. Although public schools are not to blame, it's still very upsetting to me. I'm actually thinking about homeschooling now. Of course, we won't have to worry about that for awhile.
Today I considered infertility/being childless a blessing. What kind of world do we live in? How can we protect our children? I'm just thankful that I have two amazing furry children who protect me!

Comments

Popular Posts