It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!

However, being away from home makes it tough.  The first thing I thought about upon waking up this morning was that I should be waking up in my pink bedroom.  Not going to lie - I'm homesick.
This past week was a rough one - Tracey was still working half-days due to sick children and I was kind of down - I'm sure the fact that we weren't going to be able to go home was a big part of that.
Last Saturday, Chad and I went to Perry's Steakhouse for dinner.  While the service was far from stellar, the food was melt-in-your-mouth amazing.  We took a few pictures in Town Square, and headed home to what would be an exciting night.  Of course, exciting is in the eye of the beholder - I was up with heartburn and dryheaving.  Ugh.  Horrible.
Chad and I in Town Square with Santa
Town Square Christmas Tree

On Monday, I called Dr. V's office, attempting to find out if there was anything else that I could take.  No such luck for this girl.  Oh well...
Obviously, I had a lot of rescheduling to do, but I managed.  We were brought all kinds of goodies from patients, and I even got a new office chair from my boss. :-)  Isn't it sad that little things like office chairs make me  happy?
We ate Center Court four times (technically five, counting last nights dinner) this week.  I never thought I'd feel like a 'rockstar' at a bar, but I definitely do there.  As Chad says, "Where everybody knows your name, and they're always glad you came..."
On Thursday, I was up with horrific heartburn yet again, so I took a bunch of medicine and Chad read to me until I dozed off.  I've seriously got to get this heartburn under control because it is ridiculous.
The books I ordered from Barnes & Noble arrived (I'm already finished with three of the books), as did our Christmas gifts from my parents.  I was most excited about their gifts, as it contained peanut butter fudge and chocolate fudge. Mmmmmm!!!!
I did learn a very important lesson - to get your Christmas shopping done early and ship them quickly.   We definitely spent $160 on shipping, and the gifts won't arrive until the 26th.  Good job, Diana...
Yesterday I picked up a few last minute items for Chad while he was out golfing with his supplier.  I met them at Center Court (surprise!)  after they were done, and we were up there for four hours.  We had lunch and dinner there, and got to  hang out with our favorite bartenders.  Unforunately, while we were there I got on Facebook, only to find out that my cousin (who is 43) is having another baby.  And, of course, the unborn babies name is one of the names Chad & I had chosen.  It really irks me that 43 year olds can have babies, but we cannot.  Ugh.  Seriously.  Story. Of. My. Life.
We've been invited to Christmas Eve dinner at Chad's supplier's house, but I'm hesitant.  One, because if we're not going to be with family, I'm not certain that I want to be with anybody.  Two, because his wife is 8 months pregnant.  I hate feeling this way, but I'm afraid it's just going to make me jealous and bitter.  I'm dreading getting choked up about it.  Thankfully, Chad's supplier understands as they've been through this too. I just wish that things would happen for us easily and that we didn't have to worry or spend a lot of money to get what we want.  I suppose it's like my Daddy always said, "Life isn't fair."
Anyways, I'm trying to be happen and enjoy my favorite time of the year - I have all of my Christmas movies out ready to be watched, Chex Mix has been made, and now it's just time to bake cookies. 
 Here are a few pictures from this week:



My boys cuddling together on the bed

A picture of Elijah that Mom sent me

Our new comforter set and pillows
Merry Christmas!

Comments

Popular Posts