Bitter, like lemons

Yes, I am bitter. I hate starting off with such a negative vibe, but sometimes it's easier than beating around the bush.
Chad went into work early this morning, immediately after the "red-headed stepchild" made her appearance. A day late and a dollar short, as usual. I'm sure that disaster actually made him look forward to going into work. I slept a bit longer before eating a breakfast of pizza and coffee, showering and running to HEB to pick up some more meat.
I had a funky big bite on my toe, so I stripped the bed and washed our sheets. I didn't see any bugs in our bed, but better safe than sorry. My money is on getting bit while I was outside decorating...
I got almost all of the laundry done, kitchen organized, dishwasher filled and running. Fairly productive, if you ask me. I even managed to squeeze in a nap between watching some of my recorded TV shows.
Chad finally got home around 5, and I had dinner ready to go - chicken Marsala (didn't enjoy it as much this time) and garlic cheddar mashed potatoes from a box. As much as I love homemade mashed potatoes, the boxed route is just so convenient.
I'm looking forward to my day off tomorrow, though I feel somewhat guilty for not going in. Oh well...
I was quite bitter around 11am, when we were scheduled for a couples massage. Chad said he was bitter, too. Know who else is bitter? Cappy - he was hoping to pick up some sexy bitches at 'camp'. William is bitter because we was going to have the house to himself - just like the good old days.
I don't really have plans for tomorrow, but I will probably run to Barnes and Nobel to find some books. My reading materials are getting slim. :-(. And that, I don't like. I'm sure at some point I will start to feel really guilty about not being at work, but I kind of need the break. If only the break was at a resort...(see, still bitter)
I'm hoping that chad will be able to stay home all next weekend and that we can enjoy my birthday weekend. :-). I was hoping to do something with my friends, but some of them will be in Disney next weekend. Totally jealous....
I still need to do a lot of Christmas shopping. Ugh! I honestly haven't even started, with the exception of the Keurig we got Grandma for Christmas - that gift is being split with my parents. I really hope she likes it!
My husband still needs to do my birthday shopping, that I'm sure of. Hmmmm...I wonder what he will come up with....

Comments

Popular Posts