Round Five...For the Win?!

Seriously. Crossing. My. Fingers.

I think Dr. Heaps was surprised to see us.  Unfortunately, he was pretty busy this morning, so we waited for quite awhile.  In other words, Chad had plenty of time to play in the exam room.  :-)
I told him that I'm not a quitter and want to finish my six cycles of Clomid.  I honestly think he was pleased.  Although I am ovulating on the 50mg dose of Clomid, he decided he wanted to bump me up to 100mg for the last two cycles.  After all, we may as well give it our all!  The only thing that has changed this cycle, other than the increased dosage of Clomid, is that I'm to start the Progesterone 2-3 days after ovulation rather than the day of.  We shall see how this goes.

He warned us that it increases the likelihood of twins, which is fine by me.  Are twins ideal? No.  But it would be much easier for us, since we know we're only going to do this once.  Whatever happens will happen.  If we are meant to have twins we will, right?!

Originally, Chad wasn't going to be able to make the appointment but getting up early didn't really work for him today.  So, instead of going to work he came its me and left promptly after the appointment.  I was glad to have him with me, even if it was just for comic relief. :-)

We are all hoping that the increased dosage will work or us and that we don't need to resort to IUI, but only time will tell.  I have an appointment with Dr Williams on the 14th, which I am nervous about.  Unfortunately Chad will not be able to go with.  Guess he will just have to trust me, eh?!

After my appointment, I headed to Target to pick up a few necessities like bread, milk, juice and stuff for breakfast.  I was quite disappointed in their lack of Halloween candy, but found a few things that I thought I needed.  I had to run to CVS to pick up my medicines afterwards and had $18 in ExtraCare rewards to use.  Guess what they had?!  Yup! Reese's pumpkins!!!  I'm pretty sure I cleaned them out,  in fact, the pharmacist asked if I had left anything for him.  Thankfully, I opened my medicine when I got home because CVS gave me five 50mg tablets rather than ten 50mg tablets.  Since I wasn't sure if it was the fault or an error on the doctor's side, I called to verify - sure enough, they didn't fill the prescription correctly.  I had to run back to CVS to 'return' the medicine and buy the correct dosage.  It took a good 20 minutes or so to get that put together because they were busy. Sigh.

After I got home I picked up a bit since my friend, Mel, was coming over.  We watched some Disney Parks videos (since we are both Disney nerds) and talked about Disney - places to eat, etc.  What a perfect afternoon!!!

I just want to throw in how thankful I am to have met Mel.  I really love her, she is fabulous and we have so much in common.  I really don't think that we could have a more 'perfect' neighbor! :-)

Comments

Popular Posts