The Help

At my second to last OB appointment, I made an admission to my doctor.

I needed help.

My anger was out of control.  {This was particularly to me after I screamed at one of the cats after he broke a glass.}

It's not really depression, just anger.  I'm sure the stress of everything (read: selling the house, moving & death) added on top of my anxiety and pregnancy hormones weren't helping.

I cried.  Those of you who know me personally know that I am sensitive.  But I do a pretty good job of hiding it at times.  I've never cried in front of my OB.  I felt like a basket case.

My doctor is amazing.  Even though he had patients to see, he sat with me and let me cry it out while he listened.  He didn't make me feel like a raging lunatic.  I know some people aren't that lucky.

We decided that with all the stress in my life, it was in my best interest to take an anti-depressant.  That hopefully it would take the edge off.  He also referred me to a counselor, because we all know pregnancy isn't easy. 

The medicine has definitely helped take the edge off, and I felt like a new person after my first appointment with my counselor.  It was refreshing to have a safe place to vent and release everything I've been keeping inside of me.  I felt like a million bricks had been unloaded.

There's no shame in seeking help.  Stress, anger, anxiety, and depression is nothing to be ashamed of.  I can assure you that by being honest with yourself and getting it out in the open, you will start to feel better.

Comments

Popular Posts