Sitting on the Doorstep of the House I Can't Afford...

If we don't sell our house by the end of the month, this is going to be a VERY true statement.

Truth be told, I wasn't completely on board with building another new house.  Especially while pregnant.  I wasn't sure that I would be able to handle the stress.  But then I realized that it would probably be even more stressful once the babies were here.  So we took a chance...

Honestly, we were probably over-confident.  "It's a seller's market," they said.  Seeing as we sold our home in a horrible market in Central Illinois in ten days, we were gold.  In fact, we fully anticipated needing to move out of this house quickly.

It hasn't turned out the way he had planned...

It's been six weeks or so now, and our house is still on the market.

We signed a contigent contract.

This means that our house has to be under contract by the time our new house goes to sheetrock.  We have until the end of August to sell our house.  Thankfully, we can opt out of the new house with little to no penalty.

But that's not what we want.  Not at all.  Especially with confirmation that the twins are boy/girl.

It makes me sick to my stomach to even think about somebody else living in the home that we've customized.  The home that we have been planning on bringing our babies' home from the hospital to.  Our new home.

We have an open house scheduled for this Sunday.  I'm trying to hold on to hope at the very least for my well-being.

If y'all could say a quick word for good juju, we'd really appreciate it.

Love,
Diana

Comments

Popular Posts