Honesty...is such a lonely word

If I'm going to be completely honest, I will admit that I have felt shitty for the past two weeks.  The weather changes seem to be affecting me more than they did last year.  Two weeks ago my ears started hurting, and it moved from there to my throat, chest, head and teeth.  I actually felt so awful  on Wednesday that I knew I needed to makea doctor appoitmentfor today.   I got lucky and made an appointment that I had every intention of canceling.  Unfortunately, I still felt icky so I went in.
The thing that I love most abut Dr Vanderzyl is that he looks at the big picture.  He never judges and makes you feel totally comfortable telling him you deepest darkest secrets.  Which is why today, I admitted to him that I was completely overwhelmed and stressed out.
I know that the job of a physician is to listen, but I really feel like he goes far beyond what he needs to.  He makes you feel like he really cares and wants to know what's going on in your life.  I'm so thankful to have such a wonderful PCP here.  (plus, he never makes me feel like I'm over reacting) In many ways, he reminds me of my Uncle Stu, who is the one of the very few physicians I know who really takes extra time with his patients.
I definitely had a sinus infection, and we both joked around about me needing to call in on a Saturday because I'm sick.  (thankfully Dr Mata isn't on call!). We also had a discussion about how I am feeling.  He was omelette lay on board with me being overwhelmed.  He also agreed that hormones are stressing e out even more - and that infertility sit an easy pill to swallow.  That being said we decided that it was in my best interest to bump up the Zoloft in hopes that it will help me relax.  Stress doesnt exactly help infertility.
That was a big deal, for me to admit to him (and you) that I may need a little more medicinal help.  Doctors orders are for me to relax all weekend long, catch up on rest and drink plenty of fluids.  In addition, I hope to get almost all of our Thanksgiving grocery shopping completed.  Since Chad will be at the plant, that shouldn't be much of a problem.  This is actually the weekend that Chad was going to Phoenix to receive his World Class award, but with a forced outage in place that's not an option.
Maybe I'll get lucky and Chad's phone won't ring as much since the others are gone?!?!  Hey, a girl can dream...

Comments

Popular Posts