Blah, blah, blah

Well, we're finally getting some much-needed rain here in Texas (over 1 inch since noon) but it's made for a very boring day.  Chad, Cappy and I all slept in today which felt SO GOOD!  And, I'm glad to say that our sweet puppy dog woke us up when he had to go potty.  No accidents for us today! :-)  Hooray!  I actually cooked a real breakfast - scrambled eggs, rather than eating granola bars.  But the first thing I did before I got out of bed for the day was calling my Daddy to wish him a Happy 70th Birthday! Wowza...and, I must admit that he looks damned good for 70.
Happy Birthday, Daddy! I love you! <3

We ran by the house this morning, and were disappointed in the fact that NOTHING had been done in the last 24 hours.  Ugh!  Yesterday we noticed there was some wetness on the paper-covered floor in the guest bathroom, and it was still there today.  It also smelled kinda icky in there.  Chad lifted the toilet seat to see how the toilet flushed and there was POOP in the toilet! EWWWWWW!    Obviously, the nasty construction workers took a shit in our toilet - in my opinion, very uncool.  And, given the funky smell in the bathroom (and dark brown color on the paper), my bet is that they flushed the toilet and it overflowed, thus getting poop on our floor.  Needless to say, I'm a little pissed off. 

First of all, we should be the first people to poop in the toilets and if there is any poopy overflow that gets on the tile it should be ours.  Next, there is a damned porta-potty in our front yard.  Last time I checked that was where the construction workers were supposed to go to the bathroom.  Perhaps I'm expecting too much, but I shouldn't have any poop on any surface of my brand new house that does not belong to a member of my family.  I think Chad should say something about this, but that's just my humble opinion.

We went upstairs and the toilet there had urine on the seat.  Chad tried telling me that it wasn't pee.  Excuse me, but I work at a damned hospital and have had plenty of pets - I know what pee looks like . That is most definitely pee on the seat.  Once again, why don't they just walk out to the damn porta-john? At the very least, if you're going to shit or piss in my house, at least keep it cleaned up.  Remember...."If you sprinkle when you tinkle, be a sweetie and wipe the seaty." 

After we got home, it started raining which was much needed. Unfortunately, it hasn't really let up all day which prompted Chad to drive to the fitness center to work out.  We gave Cappy a bath and attempted to brush out his tangles.  I even put a t-shirt on him, which he tolerated well.  (Chad thought it'd be ripped to shreds.)  Now I just need to figure out what he's going to be for Halloween!

I've spent a lot of time today reading and watching sports, though I've tried to block out all the football.  (And the Cardinals loss to the Brewers.)  The rain has just made me feel absolutely blah and want to curl up in bed, so hopefully I sleep well tonight.  My only concern with the rain is that it will prevent work from getting done at the house - mainly the shutters and landscaping.  I just want to get our house finished!!! 

I know I should savor this quiet weekend, as it will probably be one of the last quiet weekends for quite a while.  Next weekend we really need to make sure we get some packing done and the following weekend we will be in Disney.  We are hoping to be in the house by the end of the month, but that may be pushing it.  (Insert big sigh here.)  Once we get into the house I'm sure we will keep ourselves busy with decorating (Yay!) and unpacking (Ick!). 

It's been a long boring day, as you can see, but I thought that blogging would cure my boredom.  I think it has kept me occupied for all of ten minutes, so that was a massive fail on my part.

The end.

Comments

Popular Posts