Glass cage of emotion

I must admit, I may have been a little over-the-top sensitive, angry and emotional yesterday.  However, I feel that given the fact that I felt like fermented dog poo I was entitled.  There are a few things that set me off yesterday...

As you well know, I felt awful yesterday.  I got to the doctor's office early, as usual, and sat in the waiting room for quite awhile.  (My fault, not his) There was this horrible lady in 60's there with her mother and she was just completely hateful towards her.  I swear to God, she was yelling at her in the middle of the waiting room. (Granted, my ears may have been overly sensitive)  Is there any reason that this is even appropriate?  And, weren't we taught to respect our elders?  This same woman had the nerve to go up to the receptionist and say, "I'm a patient of Dr. Vanderzyl's too and I wanted to see him while I'm here so I don't have to come back."  Really?!  Make a damned appointment, just like I did.  About ten minutes later a Middle-Eastern couple came into the office - she had an appointment with Dr. Vanderzyl, he didn't.  But, he, too, insisted upon being seen by him while he was there.  Ugh!  This reminded me of working at the PEC and the general disregard of scheduling in advance.  Ya know, I understand it if you're sick - but it was very clear that neither one of them were ill.

Dr. Vanderzyl finally came into my exam room, and checked me over.  Apparently, there is a nasty respiratory infection going around and he thinks that I may be one of its victims.  I'm sure working at the hospital (on the Pulmonary floor that has been at full capacity) didn't help this situation.  He gave me some antibiotics and cough syrup and sent me on my way.  Unfortunately, they faxed the prescriptions to Target in Pearland before I had the opportunity to tell them we were switching to Walgreens.  (And, when the house is done we will be switching to CVS since there is one in the neighborhood.)

The past few times, actually - EVERY time we go to Target to pick up a prescription, it is never ready.  Even though it was called in the day before and we were told it would be done by 11am, AND it's actually 1pm.  Very annoying as you can imagine.  Once they even claimed they didn't have a prescription for me, even though I knew damned well my uncle had called it in the evening before.  So, I'm driving back from Sugar Land to Pearland - it's been an hour since I left the doctor's office, and I walk into Target hoping that it will be filled.  My head is throbbing and all I want to do is eat dinner and go to bed.  Guess what?  It wasn't done yet - they told me it'd be another 25 minutes.  I'm a little pissed at this point, but I went to get my dinner at Panera and then headed back to pick up my drugs.  I checked out and looked at my prescriptions as I was walking out - my cough medicine wasn't there.  (Part of the thing that annoyed me so much is that the two medications I had waited for were both pre-packaged, so all they needed to do was stick the stupid sticker on it.)  I turned around and asked the pharmacist...they hadn't even gotten it off of the fax machine yet.  Seriously?!  She said it would be another 15-20 minutes until it was ready.  That was the last straw...

I let it all out.  I told her how annoying it was that our prescriptions were never ready when they were supposed to be, and that my dinner was sitting in the car getting cold.  I felt like shit and all I wanted to do was eat and go to bed.  Her excuse?  "We've been swamped."  I completely understand the concept of being busy, and I understand that there are a lot of people who are sick right now.  What I don't understand is how our prescriptions are never ready.  For God's sake, it'd been over an hour since I left the doctor - and they didn't even know that there was another prescription that I needed filled.  I have NEVER in my life had such awful service from a pharmacy.  Back home, I'd leave Dr. Bowers office and get to Target (maybe five minutes away) and the medicine would be ready for me...and Springfield is actually larger than Pearland!  I told the pharmacist I was going home and that Chad would be by today to pick it up.  I really wasn't in the mood to deal with it. 


After I got home, about an hour after I left Target the pharmacist called to tell me my medicine was ready - I let Chad talk to her, because it might all come out again.  I chowed down my dinner, took my medicine, treated my cough with a white chocolate martini and went to bed.  I was dead asleep by 8pm and didn't wake up until around 6 this morning.  I don't remember Chad coming to bed or anything.  I think the sleep is what I needed though, because I feel like a completely different person today.  What a difference a day (with antibiotics) makes!

As of yesterday, my parents no longer own our house in Rochester - the closing was at 4pm, so I was a little emotional about that too.  A family friend bought it and it has been a good thing for everybody involved.  Their son is very excited about the house, and they've already started working on it.  His grand-daughter told my dad that she picked out her bedroom - the one with the "doggie lightswitch."  (AKA: my room)  I know that they are going to love the house, and I hope they make a lot of memories there.  They plan on the remodeling being completed before we come home at Christmas - and I plan on going over to see how it looks.  :-)  It makes it a little bit easier knowing that I'm still welcome there and that the people who are living in it already love it as much as we did.
My childhood home


This morning we went to check out the house - the ceiling fans have been hung, the toilets are in, paint touch-ups are complete and the vents are in.  Looks like there are only a few more things to be done, and we're hoping it will be done by the time we leave for Disney - that way we can celebrate! :-)
We have a place to poop!

Ceiling fans!
 After running by the house, we came back to Pearland and Chad picked up my prescription while I picked up groceries.  I am stoked, because Chad bought me The Lion King and we will be watching that tonight after dinner. :o)  He also treated me to Five Guys for lunch, which was what I really wanted for dinner last night.  Oh my, was it yummy! 
Even though I felt like fermented dog poo, he still thought I was pretty.

Comments

Popular Posts