Thirty minus two point five days.

Yes...I'm freaking out.  In just two and a half short days I will be thirty.  Yikes.  I'm closer to where I wanted to be at this age now than I have ever been in the past.  Obviously, my dreams of becoming a doctor didn't work out for me...but that's okay.  Would I be in the same spot if I were a doctor?  I think it's safe to say the answer is most likely not.
I have a great husband who means the world to me.  I have two precious furry boys who I would do anything for.  I have a beautiful house and a nice car.  The are presents under the Christmas tree and plenty of food in our fridge.  I am truly blessed.
There are only two missing pieces to this puzzle - a baby and my "dream" job.  (A "dream" job that's not a doctor, that is.)  But I'm getting closer to each of those objects every day. 
In less than one month I will start my new job at Methodist Center for Sports Medicine.  Yes, it's "just a receptionist" position but for the time being that's fine with me - it's a foot in the door.  (And, I don't care what you say, there's no such thing as "just a receptionist."  They work their tails off!) 
The baby thing will happen eventually, and after everything that I've been through the past few months I'm thankful to even have a chance.  Would I like a baby now? Yes, but things don't happen overnight.  (Well, I guess that kind of does happen overnight, eh?!)
Right now, I'm going to sit back, relax and enjoy spending time with my husband and furry kids.  Not everybody gets the opportunity to do so.  Although I'm dreading the big "three-oh" I'm excited to see what lies ahead of me this year.  I'm certain there will be some up's and down's, but I will survive - I always do.

Comments

Popular Posts