There's no place like home!

I woke up bored, again, yesterday morning.  Sigh.  Thankfully, I had plenty of things to look forward to - including lunch at D'arcy's Pint and pedicures with Heather.  Unfortunately, the vet's office called to reschedule the appointment for Willie & Cappy to that day, since they would be out of town for a funeral today.  That cut our "girl time" down, but it wasn't that big of a deal since Heather had to drive back down to O'Fallon, Illinois.
Before lunch, I ran over to Petsmart to look for some shirts for Cappy - I'm so worried that he's cold since he's a "Texan."  I found a few really cute shirts for him and a toy for Willie, and then headed over to D'Arcy's to meet Heather.  I put our name in and there was already (15 minutes after they opened) a 20-30 minute wait.  Well, that wait ended up being at least an hour.  Sigh.  The horseshoe was delicious, though.
After lunch, we met my mom at Saigon Nails for pedicures.  It was so nice to be able to relax and spend time with her.  And, on another note, she looks AMAZING!  I hardly recognized her! :-)  Unfortunately, I was the first one done with the pedicure and was almost immediately "banished to Siberia" aka: the drying table.  That kind of sucked.  I headed back to my parents to gather the boys to take to Rochester for their appointment and was at the office for awhile.  I got to see Theresa, Dr. Sweetland's old nurse which was kind of nice.  Then I visited with Teresa Sturdy until it was our turn.  I was very surprised to learn that William had actually lost half a pound since he was last there - Chad and I were certain that he had gained weight.  Cappy had lost a pound since August, but that could be attributed to his recent kennel stay.  William has a respiratory tract infection so he was given a shot of Prednisone in addition to his yearly vaccinations.  Cappy's rash on his belly also warranted a shot of Predisone, and he was given some medication for his separation anxiety.  Hopefully we can make the transition into me working full-time a smooth one.
When I was finished there, I ran over to our old house in Rochester to meet up with Greg and his parents.  (The people who bought our old house.)  I started getting teary-eyed practically as soon as I saw it and choked up a few times.  Greg's daughter has my room, and is keeping my "Elijah light switch" and will probably be painting the room pink.  I cannot wait to see the house finished next time I come to visit.  Before heading back to my parents, I stopped next door to say hello to The Cavanaugh's, our next door neighbors in Rochester.  I grabbed Cappy from the car and rang the doorbell - Ann answered and saw who it was and her face lit up.  She couldn't get the new front door open and was pretty embarrassed (and here I am, posting it on my blog for the world to see.).  She welcomed me into their house with a hug, and I asked if she minded the dog being in there, which she didn't.  It was so good to catch up with them, they are really wonderful people.  I'd not seen Ann since my bridal shower on January 1st, so it was nice to see her.  Of course, I choked up a few times. :-)  We talked for awhile and Cappy did his trick for them, they both thought it was pretty darned cute.  When I left I got a huge hug and kiss from Ann, who told me she loved me and missed us a lot.  It felt really good.  I definitely cried when I left, who would have thought it'd be that emotional?
Mom had made Shepherd's Pie for dinner and everybody was anxiously awaiting my return so that they could eat dinner.  It was so nice to have Chad home too, especially since I hadn't seen him for over 24 hours. 
This morning, since I wasn't having great luck falling back asleep after taking Cappy out I decided to see if I could get an appointment with Richard, my hair God, while I was home.  I got an appointment for a highlight and cut at 10:30, so I started getting ready.  I decided to go ahead and get a decent amount cut off, and I decided to get more blonde added in.  (You can't live in Texas and not have blonde hair, ya know?!)  I picked up Mom in my good old white car when I was finished and we went to Sunny China for lunch.  I was disappointed in the food this time, the chicken wasn't as high quality as it had been in the past.  Thankfully, I knew I could count on Chad to eat the leftovers.
This morning, we also noticed that Cappy was chewing on his foot and upon looking at it we saw that he had some big red blister-like spots on his "knuckles."  I was hoping that we could get him in to see Dr. Mark tomorrow, but they won't be back until Thursday - which doesn't give us much time in the event that it's something like an abcess that needs to be drained.  I made a few phone calls, first trying Chatham Vet Clinic since that's where we took Alek, Lexi and Tigger, but they are booked for nearly two weeks.  Next up was Laketown, and they thankfully got him in with Dr. Curry at 3:30 today.  I'd much rather take him to Dr. Mark, but it's obviously not an option at this point.  I really hope that it's nothing serious or anything that could cause an infection.  Poor puppy...
Tonight we (Chad, Mom and I) are meeting Chad's parents at La Fiesta for dinner.  I am SO excited about having a good margarita and some delicious Mexican - I think the best Mexican I've had in Texas is Chipotle!  Tomorrow, we will be going to visit Grandma June at Bickford House - although I'm excited to see her, I know it's going to be difficult seeing her there.  I know both Chad & I are excited for Coz's Pizza tomorrow night as well!  (I sure am glad I found some "fat pants" in the closet here!)  Thursday morning, I have a dentist appointment bright and early in the morning and I'm hoping to make it to Prairie Eye Center to visit my old co-workers.
I cannot believe that our trip here is nearly over and that in a week I will be starting my new job at Methodist.  Time sure does fly by!  There are parts of Illinois that I miss, but I can honestly say that I don't miss the cold weather - I cannot wait to get back to Texas! 

Comments

Popular Posts