The Waiting Game

Have I ever mentioned that patience is not one of my strong suits?  Minus my doctor's appointment this morning, I've been sitting around the house all day awaiting the phone call from DuPar saying that they are on their way to delivering our replacement fridge...well, it's after 3pm which means they're probably not coming.  After all the shit that I've been through with this company, it's safe to say that I may strangle whoever comes to deliver the damn thing.  This entire situation has been nothing more than a headache. 
You see, we were told that they would be by to deliver it either Tuesday afternoon or yesterday - when it didn't come on Tuesday afternoon I called the hospital and took yesterday off.  Around 10:30ish yesterday morning our builder, Chris, calls with some bad news...the fridge had just arrived at DuPar and their trucks had already left for the day so it would be delivered today (Thursday).  While I was on the phone with him, DuPar left me a message to call and "schedule" the delivery.  I don't know why they bother calling it "schedule" because all they do is tell you what day it will be delivered and that delivery hours are 8-430 and that they will call to give you an hour notice.  My main issue with this is because of the drama we had with the "hour window" last time, not to mention we were already inconvenienced by not having the fridge installed when we closed on the house (it was on backorder).  I was also concerned because I had a doctor's appointment this morning and I could envision a second round of "disaster" with these idiots. 
Thankfully, they didn't call when I was at the doctor's office - but it's nearing 3:15, and I'm pretty sure it's safe to say that they're not coming today.  Chad & I have a ton of stuff scheduled tomorrow, too.  Tomorrow is garbage day, Salvation Army is coming to pick up all the junk we're donating, Chad has to walk down a job site, and we were going to go get our driver's licenses...before the PCI Christmas dinner. Needless to say, I'm not very happy right now.  I certainly hope that Chad's here when they come so that he can lay into them because it won't be pretty if I do it.
For the most part, my doctor's appointment went well this morning - the exception being that darn scale.  Ugh.  I am so thankful that Dr. Heaps referred us to Dr. Vanderzyl, because he is really awesome.  We discussed "jump starting" my weight loss with medication again as well as the fact that I'm not sleeping without taking medications.  I'm afraid of becoming dependent on sleeping medicines, but he said that I need sleep so I shouldn't worry about it.  He gave me a new med to try since I've been having horrible nightmares with the last medicine.  He also referred me to a dermatologist here, because the spots on my scalp are not getting any better - he said she's conservative and personable.  I called this morning to make an appointment with her but their computer systems were down so they were going to call me back...I'm still waiting on that too.  (But this I understand because I remember what a headache it was when our computer systems were down at the PEC.)
I'm just a bit aggravated right now, as you can imagine - this refrigerator is turning into quite the disaster.  Oh...and Dr. Heaps office called and asked if I could push my appointment back on Monday until 9:30 because he'll be in surgery.  Given the fact that I'm such an agreeable person...I said okay.  This means another day I have to take off from the hospital - maybe I'll go in Tuesday instead.
We had a house full of monsters last night.  As soon as we went to bed, Cappy decided to hump Willie.  On top of me.  Ugh.  He got in trouble, little incestuous monster. They spent most of  the night running around the house.  Willie was chewing on things that he shouldn't and trying to get into the cabinets. 'Thud. Thud. Thud." That was our night last night - is it any wonder I barely slept?!  Hopefully, tonight is a better night.
Oh, and by the way, it's 3:30, which means DuPar isn't going to deliver my fridge today...bastards.

Comments

Popular Posts