The big three-oh

I've been dreading today for the last year - the day I turn thirty.  Yikes! In my opinion, that just sounds old.  Thankfully I've survived, although I am not technically 30 until around 9:15pm. 
I woke up this morning to a sweet puppy snuggling in my armpit and a very furry kitty on my belly.  I also work up to temperatures in the upper 20's - I thought I left Illinois.  At least I'm not dealing with any snow this year!
Chad left for work and I got the luxury of sleeping in, which was much-needed.  He left a silly birthday card on the island for me and, as usual, he wrote all sorts of sappy stuff inside it.  I cried, as usual.  I totally forgot about the purse that we bought in Disney being my gift, but I was very excited when I realized that I could finally use it.
I ran to Barnes & Noble to use the gift card that I was given for my birthday from my awesome sister-in-law (and her family) and went hog wild.  I got five books a calender for the kitchen and a weekly planner - and I cannot wait to get into them.  I also ran by Target and purchased a few items.  I treated myself to some Starbucks and lunch at Whataburger and have spent the rest of the day relaxing.  It has been a great day.
All things considered, it's been a pretty good day.  I'm looking forward to pizza for dinner tonight and Maggiano's for dinner tomorrow night.  Hopefully thirty brings a lot of exciting memories, I know that twenty-nine was eventful! :-)

Comments

Popular Posts