He's a lover, NOT a biter!

There was definitely some drama at the Coffman house on Friday morning.  I felt like crap, but had to get out of bed early because The Salvation Army was coming to pick up some stuff in the garage and I was still waiting on our fridge.  Salvation Army came and there were two big, burly black guys ready to get our "junk."  Cappy was perfectly okay with them - no barking (other than when the doorbell rang) or anything else.  Not too long after they left, Clint from DuPar called saying they'd be here in an hour to an hour and a half - fine.  He rang the doorbell and Cappy barked at the door.  (Typical)  He kind of made a growling sound, which made me think twice - he's my protector and has a better "sense" of people than I do.  Obviously, he was staying out during this delivery.  (Not to mention the fact that it's HIS house and I had already been inconvenienced enough by these people.)  We started off on the wrong foot - Clint was a gruff, trashy looking white guy who was at least 6'2.  He didn't apologize about not coming the day before as promised, a simple "sorry we didn't get to you yesterday" would have been nice.  As we're walking to the kitchen, he claims that Cappy bit him on his lower back/upper buttock - TWICE.  Ummm...no.  He doesn't bite, he was scared of him and was right next to me the entire time.  Clint yelled at me and in a very threatening voice told me to put him away.  My answer was, "No.  This is his house.  He is my protector, he stays out."  Clint kept getting more and more aggressive with me, and Cappy started shaking. I told him he needed to leave my house until I figured out what I was going to do about it. 
As you can imagine, I'm hysterical.  I tried calling Chris, our builder, but got his voicemail so I left a very tearful message.  Then I called Chad, which I knew wasn't going to do any good since he was an hour away...While I was on the phone with him, the doorbell rang.  It was Chris.  WHEW!  Talk about Saved by the Bell! :-)  I asked him to come in so that I could tell him what happened, which he did.  It just so happened that he was driving through the neighborhood to check on a house when he saw the delivery people there - he said he had a gut feeling there was a problem, so he stopped by.  I explained to him what happened and told him that I had trust issues and wasn't going to let that man in my house without my dog present.  Chris mentioned that some people just don't like dogs, and had I been thinking I would have said, "I don't like some people.  Doesn't mean they need to be locked in a cage."  So, Chris said that he'd stay if I put Cappy in his crate - as unfair as it was, I agreed to do it.  I felt like I had to explain myself to Chris, which I probably didn't need to, but I did anyway.  Thankfully he was very understanding and the fridge fiasco is now over.
Had I been thinking, I probably should have asked to see the bite or for him to show Chris the bite, but there's no way in hell Cappy could have bit him where he claims he did.  I'm just waiting for that douche-nozzle to come back and sue me for it.  Ugh.  That's all I need - to have a dog labeled as "violent."  I tell ya this, though - if he tries, he'd better have his shit together, because I guarantee he's going down.
The Pest Control people came out on Friday as well as the guy from the security company.  Both of them complimented us on Cappy - that he was well behaved and so sweet.  The security man even joked about how he might kiss somebody to death, because he certainly wasn't a guard dog.  HA!  Take that! :-)  I win!
We arranged for the first pest treatment and security system to be installed tomorrow morning.  Hector (the painter) is supposed to come by at some point this afternoon to do the touch-up paint from the fridge installation. 
After that busy day, we headed to Chad's Christmas party - that was interesting, to say the least.  We got a really cute picture of the two of us and enjoyed the dinner.  (And, oddly enough, the company!)  Unfortunately, by that time I was feeling super crappy - kept drinking wine to numb my very sore throat.  As soon as we got home, I took medicine and passed out.  I had to use Chloroseptic a handful of times that night, because of how badly my throat hurt.  I spent most of Saturday in bed resting, determined to sleep the germs out of me.  I felt much better yesterday - whew!
We did some Christmas shopping this weekend and I wrapped gifts.  I'm actually quite surprised that they are still under the tree in one piece!  The little monsters haven't gotten into them yet!  Yesterday I did my annual Christmas baking - I had some "great ideas" in my mind and they failed miserably.  Sigh.  I also started my diet yesterday and did very well - only had one of my baked goods.  Hopefully today I can do just as well.
This morning, I had a doctor's appointment which had gotten pushed back due to Dr. Heaps being in surgery.  He got there around 10:20 (an hour after my pushed-back appointment time.) and apologized profusely for keeping me waiting.  No big deal - I remember my surgery took a little bit longer than anticipated so I'm sure his patients were kept waiting that day as well.  (Plus, I've waited 2-3 hours back home to see Dr. Sweetland.)  I really don't mind the waiting if I really like and trust the doctor.
I really wish that I was able to go to the hospital and work today, but between my appointment and the paint touch-up, it's not happening.  I'll just have to be patient until Wednesday morning.  :-) 
After my appointment, I let Cappy in the backyard to do his business, and I stayed inside...he actually went potty on his own, all I had to do was point and say, "potty" firmly.  Hooray!  He definitely earned a treat for that one.  I'm so proud that he's learning new things everyday.  
That's pretty much all the excitement we have had the past few days, but it's more excitement than we cared to endure.  And, just a reminder....Cappy is a LOVER - NOT a biter!

Comments

Popular Posts