We have plumbing!

There has been a lot of progress on our house this past week and it's really feeling like a home!  We went by the house today and saw that everything has been roughed in, the roof is practically complete and the siding is complete!  Unfortunately, the gas company ran the gas line directly through where we were going to put our pool.  BOO!!!  The good thing, though, is that since it's not in the utility easement they have to move it - not us!  We took a picture of it and Chad is planning on calling them requesting that they move it sooner rather than later.


Anybody want to take a bath?!


Yesterday I went to orientation at The Methodist Hospital in the Medical Center (TMC) for volunteering.  I am very excited about this opportunity, especially since it will get me out of the house.  Tomorrow I have to get my TB test, drug screening and background check after interviewing with them for placement purposes.  There are a few placements that really interest me:
1. Feeding and rocking babies in the nursery,
2. Being a tour-guide and giving tours of the hospital,
3. Being a "companion" which is basically visiting with patients who don't have any visitors.
I should know more about this within the week!


This morning, much like yesterday, Cappy decided to wake us up at 4:30-ish to take him out.  UGH!  I wish he understood the concept of the weekend and sleeping in.  I took him out this morning, sans glasses (meaning I was practically blind), and saw somebody walking through our gated apartment complex.  Needless to say, it frightened me and I pulled Cappy back in the house.  Thankfully, he was done going to the bathroom.  Once again, he wanted to play after we got inside, whereas I wanted to go back to bed. :-(  Eventually he fell asleep with us, because I woke up to him on the bed with Star.  (Who he very rarely plays with.)


This morning I also awoke to a mouth that tasted somewhat like peanut butter and a funny feeling stomach.  Last night I had made a tray of Reese's no-bake bars and when I went out to the kitchen this morning I discovered that I ate it all.  The only time I remember getting up last night was to take Cappy out, so I definitely did some sleep-eating!  (Okay, I retract my last statement because I remember William sleeping on me and his butt being directly on my face.)


I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of progress is made on our house this week as well as starting to volunteer at the hospital.  I wish I could come to Illinois tomorrow for Colleen's funeral, but with everything we have going on it's just not feasible.  I miss her a lot already, and think about her often.  She was an amazing woman who had a contagious smile and laugh.  I am so thankful that I was able to see her when I was home the beginning of the month.  She has been in my life for a long time, and I don't think I own a single pair of glasses that she didn't help me pick out (in some way).  It will be strange to go back to PEC and know that she won't be there...I still have the image of her face when she saw that I was back. :-)  RIP, Colleen.  I know you'll be there smiling down on us.  (I also know she'll be taking good care of all of my kitties who have passed!)

Comments

  1. Sleep eating? That's awesome...I do that too, if Avery isn't home and I leave food near the bed. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apparently I don't even need to leave food in the bedroom. I actually get up, go to the kitchen and eat. I don't remember any of it from the other night, though I know that I've done it in the past. I remember waking up in the morning (as far back as high school) and finding an entire bag of mini candy bars empty by my bed. It always seems to be the same type of thing whenever I do it - candy, cookies, peanuts or chilli chesse fritos! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like the house was close to completion back then. With all the basic foundation and systems up, the place is basically livable. The bath area looks nice too! I hope the plumbing system that supports it were installed efficiently, to avoid plumbing woes in the future. Have a nice day!

    Evon Brow @ Athens Plumbing

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts