Dear 8 pound, 6 ounce Baby Jesus...Please let that be a Buc-ee's!

Another hot, steamy week has come and gone and I'm sure this coming week will be just as hot and steamy.  It's actually been TOO hot to do much of anything, so I've been relaxing around the apartment a lot lately.
Last weekend, Chad had a two-hour long discussion with ATT regarding our non-functional DVR/Cable box and they were supposedly shipping us a new one.  Needless to say, it never arrived - so, Chad called them this morning and it turns out they never sent us one! ARGH!  After raising hell with them, Chad got them to send us a new one and it should be here on Tuesday.  Unfortunately, that will be three episodes of Secret Life that I've missed, and possibly three episodes of Teen Mom.  I know, it sounds silly, but it gives me something to do during these sweltering hot days!
Cappy has been adjusting well, though he definitely doesn't enjoy his crate.  Due to the ant infestation in our guest bedroom (that has since cleared up, thanks to some RAID), we've been keeping the crate in our bedroom.  Cappy doesn't particularly care for quiet time, and it's becoming quite obstinate at bedtime.  Sigh...Another one of Cappy's newest tricks is refusing to potty when I take him out.  However, when Chad takes him out, he promptly does his business.  :-(  Personally, I think he wants to spend time with Chad, although it honestly annoys the living crap out of me!
How can you get mad at a face like this?!

On Friday night, Chris proposed to my sister-in-law, Brenna!  We are so excited to welcome Chris to the family, he's a great guy and we always enjoy spending time with him! :-)  Sorry we missed your phone calls, B...we're turning into old people!

I finally walked through our house today, and it's starting to feel like a home!  It was surreal walking through it, to say the least.  It's so different than our home in Chatham, and I hope to make many memories there in the future.  Things are starting to come together nicely, but we really miss drinking beers on the porch with our builder - just not the same, that's for sure!  We have been looking at paint colors to add some character to this house, and have been getting all kinds of ideas on decorating, too.

In my kitchen, where a woman belongs.  (Thanks, Chad!)
Yesterday my grandma moved into Bickford House, and bid farewell to the family home.  Although she still owns the home, it feels strange to think of her not living there.  I'm glad I got to spend some time with her in her home while I was back in Illinois.

Chad is in training this week, which will change our routine a bit and I will be attempting to find a part-time job.  Hopefully, the DVR/Cable box will be here on Tuesday and pest control will finally show up to spray for ants.  This week is guaranteed to be another interesting week for the Coffman's!

Comments

Popular Posts