It's Wednesday....

and I am BORED!  Monday was a great day, I went to my "interview" at the hospital and didn't get lost on my drive there or back.  (And, I didn't use my GPS!)  Looks like I'm getting the placement that I want, I will be a "Caring Companion" which means that I will be visiting with patients that are down.  After the interview, I got my TB test and drug test and ID badge.  I got a little lost when I went to both places.  It would make sense, to me at least, if HR and Employee Health Services (EHS)  were located close to one another.  I took the wrong elevator out of Volunteer Services and ended up on a restricted floor, and then I realized that EHS was in the Smith Tower, not Fondren.  After I realized that, I had no problem getting there.  HR, however, was another story.  HR is in the Scurlock Tower and I followed the directions to the first floor.  Little did I know there are two different sets of elevators in Scurlock, and I needed to get on the other set after getting off on the first floor - HR is in B1! Oh well, I made it there, and I made it out without any problems at all! :-)  I got the results of my background check this morning - all clear, of course!  And, tomorrow I get to go back to TMC and get my TB test read.  Hopefully, I can start there next week!
Yesterday was absolutely miserable.  I didn't sleep worth crap and spent the day bored out of my mind.  There was nothing on television, so I read an entire book from start to finish.  I did laundry and was pretty much going crazy all day long.  :-(
Good news is that I slept really well last night and have been trying to keep busy.  I started laundry - AGAIN! Ran by Target to get my prescription and successfully made it out of there without stopping to browse.  I'm SO proud of myself for that one.  Drove by our house and they are painting the siding with primer and it looks like they may have started hanging drywall.  The house we originally looked at in the neighborhood has finally sold, and it appears there is another house being staked out across from us.  I devoured a cheeseburger from Jack-in-the-Box for lunch, but I know that will rip my stomach up - I am beginning to question my sanity.  I did get a good whiff of food from a taco truck today, and oh my, did it smell wonderful.  I may have to break down and go against everything I've ever believed in...and try the taco truck.
The weather here is really going to heat up starting tomorrow - highs in the 100's, and that's not even taking into account the heat index.  I'm planning on staying inside, as I already think it's absolutely miserable here.  Thankfully, the movie from Netflix we got yesterday is for me! :-)  "Return to Oz" here I come...

Comments

Popular Posts