Thoughts

There are a lot of things on my mind right now, and I've really struggled with finding answers to questions that are lingering.  On Friday morning my mom called me bright and early at 7am.  (Hey, when you're unemployed, 7 is pretty darn early!)  Apparently Dad received an email from my Aunt Diane regarding my cousin Sue's son, who apparently killed himself. I cannot even begin to imagine how Sue or Aunt Diane must feel.  It hit me hard, I didn't really know him since they live in Maryland, but it's still family.  I understand that depression makes you think strange thoughts sometimes, but I can't understand how anything is bad enough to take your own life.  Since Diane left yesterday to drive to Maryland (in a hurricane, mind you), Aunt Kaye got to tell Grandma - and at this point all she knows is that there was an accident. 
Yesterday morning, while I was on the phone with Dad my friend Missy called, which I thought was kind of strange.  (We usually just text)  I called her back when I was finished and she told me that her youngest brother, Joey, was found dead yesterday morning.  Sigh...another death.  This one hit me much harder than the other, I knew Joey pretty well - I was at his HS graduation party and have known him since he was about 10 years old.  I didn't even know what to say to her, as I cannot imagine how awful she must feel.  She promised me that she was alright, and I made her promise to call me at any time if she needed to talk.  They don't know what the cause of death was yet, but there will be an autopsy. 
Obviously, both families are in my thoughts and prayers.  I was almost afraid to go to bed last night, wondering who would be dead when I woke up this morning.  It's all very sad.
Chad did his best to cheer me up yesterday, he bought me some books at Sam's Club and grilled steaks for dinner.  It definitely helped, but everything is still fresh in my mind.
We ran by our house yesterday to check on the progress and ran by to visit Liz to ask a few questions.  Our builder wants to hold the drywall meeting this week, and they estimate 45-60 days for completion after the drywall meeting! :-) HOORAY!  This was the highlight of my Saturday.  I cannot wait to get into our house and make it our home! 
So, despite all the bad news I've received the past few days, I'm trying to stay positive. 

Comments

Popular Posts