Another scorcher!

UGH!!!!  It is SO crazy hot here, got up to around 105 today, and that was without the heat index.  The good news is that it appears as though some relief is heading our way, beginning on Thursday the forecast calls for a 60% chance of rain (thunderstorms) and a high around 90.  I cannot wait!  I was a little worried about the progress of our house, but Chad pointed out to me that the house is air-tight, and they can work on insulation and drywall. YAY!
This coming Thursday, we will be meeting with our builder, Chris, for a drywall meeting.  This means we are OFFICIALLY 45-60 days away from completion!  Before our meeting with Chris I will be dropping Cappy off at "Mama Chris's" house for the weekend, as we will be in San Antonio with Chad's parents.  I'm excited to get away for awhile, but I can't say I'm overly excited about the heat in San Antonio.  I'm also nervous about leaving Cappy for a few days.  I know that he'll be fine and that he loves his "Mama Chris," but I'm really going to miss that booger.  (Although, I'm not going to miss early morning wake up calls for potty trips!)
On Friday morning, Chad's parents are flying into San Antonio, where we will pick them up and spend the weekend.  On Sunday, all four of us will head back to Houston and enjoy some of Chad's almost-famous steaks!  (After I pick up Cappy, of course!!!)  His parents will be here all of next week, and I'm definitely excited.  It sucks that Chad has to work and won't be able to spend a lot of time with them, but I'm looking forward to having some company, staying busy, and cooking!  I'm already planning to make my special cajun chicken alfredo at some point during the week! Mmmmmmmmm!
This morning, I left the apartment around 7am for a 9am appointment in Sugar Land.  Since school is back in session and they're doing a lot of construction on Highway 6 I figured I'd better give myself plenty of time.  I ran by our house quickly to check on any progress since Saturday, treated myself to some delicious Starbucks and headed to the doctor's office - and got there right around 8am.  One hour to spare, what's a girl to do?!  Thankfully, this was my first appointment with our new PCP, Dr. Vanderzyl, so I had some paperwork to fill out.  (And, I thought ahead and brought a book with me.)  It was crazy, I was on the second form when I got called back - Holy Cow!  I finished all the paperwork (or homework, as Dr. Vanderzyl called it) and started reading my book.  It seemed like I waited a long time before he came to my room, but I really didn't.  After a brief discussion with him about my history, medications that I take, and a check I was on my way out the door with my prescriptions in hand - at 9:18!  This was amazing, when we saw that crazy Dr. Yana it took at least an hour for an appointment!  Another good thing about this appointment was that he put me back on my ADD meds, which Dr. Yana refused to do - she told me I had to see a psychiatrist to get them.  :-)  He didn't leave any stones unturned, which was appreciated.  I spoke with him about Chad's upcoming appointment with him next month and found out what he wants Chad to do before his appointment.  All in all, I was VERY pleased with the appointment and the doctor.  I wouldn't have gotten in with him had it not been for Dr. Heaps, so I'm very thankful that he recommended him and called him to ensure that we could get in with him!
For the most part, I've spent the day reading and relaxing.  Yesterday I finished a book and started on Michael Palmer's newest book "A Heartbeat Away." By the time I went to bed, I had aready read 150 pages!  I absolutely love his books, they are so difficult to put down.  Since I only have two books after this one I'm trying to take my time, but I have a feeling that I will finish it tonight. Oh well...

Comments

Popular Posts