Getting into the Christmas Spirit

I stole this from my friend, Liz, hoping that it will help encourage the Christmas Spirit in the Coffman household!



1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?

Usually wrapping paper, although this year we had a few gifts that were awkward and necessitated gift bags.

2. Real tree or Artificial?
Artificial pre-lit...I'm get nervous just thinking about the increased likelihood of fire that a real tree brings.

3. When do you put up the tree?
We put up the tree Thanksgiving weekend, although we almost decided against the tree this year because of the move.

4. When do you take the tree down?
Probably two weeks after Christmas - this year will be interesting since I'm starting a new job and we'll be in Illinois until January.

5. Do you like eggnog?
Nope.

6. Favorite gift received as a child?
I remember the Christmas that Uncle Ron gave me Lexi - that was pretty awesome.  I also have some fond memories of my pink vacuum cleaner.  (I know, I know...how is it possible?!)


7. Do you have a nativity scene?
Nope...maybe someday after we have kiddos.

8. Hardest person to buy for?
Oh Lordy...we have a few on our list - My Dad (aka: The Grinch) and all the "Old People"

9. Easiest person to buy for? 
Cameron!  It's sooooo much fun to shop for him.  And, I always buy him way more than he needs!

10. Mail or email Christmas cards?
Do people seriously email Christmas cards? How tacky! Obviously, we mail ours out. 

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
I have a few gifts that were awful, and I probably shouldn't mention them but I will...just because some of them are really funny! I once got a bag of black socks, that was a pretty cool gift.  But the worst gift ever came from Teapot on our first Christmas together - a really ugly old lady shirt with a bird on it.  It was super sweet of her to think of me, but I had no idea what to do with that shirt.  Thankfully, Cindy knew somebody who would like it!  Oh...Teapot also gave us this thingy we called "The Menorah" and it was just plain awful!

12. Favorite Christmas Movie?
The Polar Express, Badder Santa and Home Alone.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
Whenever I find the right thing - this year it was when we were in Disney.

14. Ever recycled a Christmas present?
Yes

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
Mmmm...mom's Roast Beef, Mashed Potatoes & gravy.  Sweet Potatoes.  Cinnamon Rolls.  YUMMY

16. Clear lights or colored on the tree?
We have two trees - one with each, though we only put up the tree with clear lights this year.  I think having one of each is perfect - that way you have the one with the clear lights for a "formal tree" and the ones with the colored lights for "fun"

17. Favorite Christmas song?
I love Christmas music - Carol of the Bells, Sleigh Ride, I'll Be Home for Christmas, Ave Maria...pretty much every song I love

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
I have always stayed home for Christmas, although our first Christmas together we were flying home from Disney on Christmas Eve.  This year, since we're living in Texas, we'll be driving home on the 22nd & 23rd! I cannot wait! :-)

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer?
Of course!
20. Angel on the tree top or a star?
A star.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?
Growing up, we got to open one on Christmas Eve and the rest on Christmas morning.  Now, we go to Chad's parents on Christmas Eve and open gifts there and do our gifts and Christmas at the Gurgens on Christmas day.
 
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year?
Crowded stores, rude people, traffic, illness...and this year - Utah.

23. Favorite ornament, theme, or color?
I love all things Disney, as you know.  I also LOVE Hallmark ornaments.  So, next year we will do the "fun tree" with miscellaneous ornaments upstairs, and keep our "formal tree" with blue and silver ornaments in the living room.


24. What do you want for Christmas this year?
I have been so blessed this year, and there's nothing that I really need.  I just want to go home (Illinois) and spend time with my family and friends!

Comments

Popular Posts