When You're Smilin'

There were a few moments of uncertainty, and I'm dead exhausted, but today was a pretty good day...
I got to sleep in an extra hour, go to my appointment at HFI, get some Starbucks coffee, and "relax". I got to HFI way early, and was frustrated because there was a chick there waiting without an appointment - all because she had peed on a stick and got a positive. Sigh. I only hope that will be me one of these days.
I got called back and my ultrasound started - righty was still showing a cyst, but I was told that it could be from my surgery, kind of like a pocket of blood. Lefty, on the other hand was clear. This was a good sign.
I got my blood drawn and had to sit back and wait (not so patiently) for the results. When 1:30 passed, I decided it was time to log on to the Patient Portal. I was immediately disappointed because I saw that they had scheduled me for another US and labs on Monday morning. Then I checked my lab results. My estrogen was down to 55.4!!!!! They want it under 100 to start injections, and ideally between 50-75. The surgery worked!!!!!!!
No more birth control pills!!! I'm starting injections on Thursday (Valentine's Day), and will go back Monday to see how my body is reacting to the medication. I'm so ridiculously excited - Chad and I really needed a break. :-). I never received a phone call from the doctors office, and I'm not sure if they're going to do 'injection training' or not. I really hope so!
I was so worried this morning - Chad wasn't able to make it to my appointment and I was terrified that I'd receive bad news. Finally, everything worked out.
I've been pretty crampy today, but I figure a lot of that is because they were fishing around down there with that US.
You cannot begin to imagine how excited I am right now. Don't get me wrong - I'm nervous about the injections, insemination, etc. but I'm pretty certain I can handle it. Apparently that surgery was just what I needed.

Comments

Popular Posts