Finally Friday

It is finally Friday night and, as usual, I'm bored and lonely. I know things could be worse, but I just miss my husband! I have no idea how military wives do this!

Last night was my first injection, and I must say that it sucked! I'm trying to keep my eye in the prize, but it's difficult to do sometimes. I was totally afraid of hurting myself and I was even more afraid of Chad giving me the shot. After two or three puncture wounds, my shaky hands, burning and some minor bloodshed I handed the syringe over to Chad. It was much easier that way. And, not going to lie, I have every intention of letting him shoot me up again tonight!
After the traumatic evening, I was able to sleep in (not too long) today and then ran my errands. I still need to go to Sams to get juice for chad and some chicken, but I'm hoping that Chad will be off on Sunday and able to go with me. You know, to reign me in. :-)
Since Chad had a rough week I decided to make him a little something - a heart shaped cookie cake! Unfortunately, he won't be home until after 8 again tonight, so I won't be cutting into it tonight. In fact, I may be injecting myself tonight too. (That was breaking news, by the way). Ugh...
I am definitely looking forward to tomorrow, as my friend Jen will be coming by to visit. This will probably be the last time I see her since she's moving away again. Who knows what the future brings, though - we were already reunited once (after 20 years)!
Here's to less bloodshed tonight and the strength to inject myself...

Comments

Popular Posts