What's the Plan, Dan?!

On Wednesday, Chad and I met with Dr Williams to discuss our concerns. We made the decision, since the cysts were functional, that I'd have them aspirated.
Apparently, this is done vaginally, much like egg retrieval for IVF. They planned on getting it scheduled for Friday.
The game plan was to have them aspirated, and come back to the office on Monday as planned, for another ultrasound and labs. Hopefully, this time they won't find any cysts and my Estrogen level is back to normal.
After I left the doctor, I called mom to tell her the plan. She was a bit concerned, but didnt say too much. Awhile later, after I returned to work, I received a call from her - she wanted to fly down to be there for the procedure. Unfortunately, I didn't know if it had actually been scheduled, and I didnt want her flying down for nothing.
On Thursday, I finally found that I was scheduled at 9am on Friday. I called and mom booked her flights. After that, I received a phone call telling me my appointment was at 115, not the morning. Ugh!!! I also found out that Dr Williams wouldn't be doing the surgery, it would be Dr Bello (who I've never met) - unless, for some reason he was around. Sigh...
Mom's flight arrived at 1045 last night, and we got back to the house around 1140. All three of us were exhausted, Chad passed out first. I started freaking out because of nerves. Once I got my blanky, I calmed down a lot. (I know, 31 years old and my blanky calms me down). Eventually I was able to fall asleep, though I didnt sleep well.
Here are some pictures of Chad playing with a uterus at HFI on Wednesday - I call them, "it's a bird! It's a plane! Nope, it's a uterus!!!"








Comments

Popular Posts