A Bad Day

Today didn't go as planned, and I'm more than irritated. It started off well, as we both woke up refreshed. We got there five minutes before the appointment time, and paid up as well as signed all of the consents.
Once I got called back, I got my blood drawn and they took me back to the exam room. Chad and I sat there waiting, excited about what we were getting ready to do. We crossed our fingers and toes in hopes of good results.
I was a bit confused, because when the girl came in she mentioned that they were monitoring my cysts. Hmmmmm. They certainly didnt mention anything about cysts last time. Oh well...
Down to business - the cyst on my right side doubled in size in two weeks. Last time they weren't able to locate my left ovary, but today they were. I developed a 15mm cyst on the left side in two weeks. She explained to me that my BCP may be too low of a dose, and perhaps that is why they're growing. In my mind, however, it didn't make much sense.
You see, I'd not been on BCP for over a year. And suddenly, I've got cysts. Hmph. BCP should suppress the growth of cysts. Sigh. Tears started welling, and I choked back the tears. I was so thankful that I had Chad there with me.
The good news was that she said that I could probably start the cycle anyway, provided my estrogen level was low.
I think I drove back to work in tears.
I got a phone call from them around 130, and it was no bueno. My estrogen level doubled in two weeks. Seriously?! How in Sam hell...
The thing that upsets me is that all I got from the phone call is that I'm to take another week of these BCP and then will follow up with them on Monday, for another ultrasound and more bloodwork.
I'm beyond irritated right now. I just gave them $2300, and I don't get any explanations nor do I get to talk to the doctor. None of this makes a bit of sense to me. I'm confused, irritated, angry, etc...
I'm thinking about calling Dr Heaps to see if he can explain this to me. I know I can trust him to give me a straight answer.
I don't feel like I'm getting my money's worth. I'm certain that Chad is pretty irritated, too.
Part of me feels like it's my fault. I was having pain back in December and I probably should have gone to the doctor to get it checked on then. But I was stubborn and didn't go. Now I wonder if it was related. Perhaps we would have found a cyst sooner, before it got so large. I feel like I'm running out of options, and sanity. I'm at a complete loss right now. Those damn medicines are sitting in the kitchen, waiting for me. And I'm in the same place I was in before we received them. Oh, and might I mention that I'm in pain after they messed around up in there. They had to go in a mess everything up...

Comments

Popular Posts