We have a tease on our hands

Mr. William is handling Cappy much better than we anticipated.  Yesterday he was a very curious cat and appears to be somewhat comfortable with the new addition.  At one point I was sitting on the couch relaxing, Cappy sleeping to my side - when Willie jumped up and decided to lay on the back of the couch directly behind my head!  This morning, Willie has been teasing Cap'n - luring him under the bed, but most importantly giving him the evil eye (and laughing at him, I'm sure) while Cap is in his crate.
I was very nervous about last night, Chad & I were both exhausted and I really wanted Cap to sleep in his crate  After five minutes of listening to him whine, though, Chad gave in and let him out.  ARGH!  Eventually, he disappeared and I went to check on him.  He was sitting by his crate, so I took that opportunity to put him in there.  I made sure to leave the blinds open (I think he likes looking at the sky and hearing nature sounds.) and turned the fan on.  Pupster slept through the night without crying! :-)  WAHOOOOOO!!!!!
Since Cap was in his bed, I got some much-needed cuddle time with my main man, William.  And, best yet, Chad and I slept so well!  I think we were both mentally and physically exhausted after Saturday.  (And, VERY full...I ate half a pizza thanks to the stress!)
This morning we got up and I took him for a few walks - his poop (sorry if it's TMI) has firmed up, so that is a huge relief.  We noticed that he is definitely terrified of Chad's work boots, so I'm assuming that he's got the crap kicked out of him, too. Poor guy.  At least we know that he's going to get everything he deserves now!
My boys and I slept in until 9:30 and then started getting ready for the day.  I made all of my phone calls this morning and ran my errands.  All I have left is to make a list of questions for my appointment with Dr. Heaps tomorrow.  Other than that, I can just relax!
I scheduled an appointment for Cappy with Dr. Sturdy on Tuesday.  I don't know how much it's going to cost, and I don't really care - I just want to make sure he's healthy!  I am definitely looking forward to taking him somewhere that I trust, I know I will sleep so much better at night knowing that he is fine.  I also scheduled an oil change at Floyd's for Thursday morning.  I'm definitely looking forward to seeing people that I trust and am familiar with!
I called Dr. Stanley at Stafford Oaks this morning, too.  And they will be getting me copies of whatever records they have on him and getting him a sedative for the drive home.  I am still VERY angry about what took place this weekend, but I know that it will be dealt with.  Chris has told me she will be raising a stink, and I will be using the power of the pen.  Keeping my fingers crossed that everything goes well.
Other than that, I'm just excited to be coming home for a visit.  I wish Willie could come too, but I know that's a lot of stress for him.  Plus, Chad needs somebody to keep him company! :-)

Comments

Popular Posts