No Rain

At least not just yet! Looks like there is a hurricane/tropical storm/depression heading our way!  Luckily, it is heading south of Houston, but we should still be getting a decent amount of rain here.  I know the rain is badly needed here, but I'm concerned that it will slow down the progress of our house! :-/  Thankfully, it looks like the storm will be hitting after I'm on my way to Illinois so I shouldn't have to deal with driving in it.  Of course, that also gives me something to worry about - Chad & William.  I really wish that both of them could make the journey home with me, but I know it's just not realistic.
I'm looking forward to seeing Uncle Stu and his family on Sunday - it's been about five years since I've seen the girls, so it will be nice to see them again.  I'm very thankful that I have such an amazing uncle who is willing to let myself and Cappy spend the night at his home!
Cappy has done amazing sleeping through the night! I am so lucky that I have such a perfect puppy! He & Willie are finally starting to become "buds".  Twice yesterday Cappy jumped on the couch and laid on top of Willie!  At one point last night, Willie even curled up with him.  I definitely have the best little guys anybody could ask for!
Cappy is starting to warm up to Chad - who loves to sing him "Yo Ho!"  I just don't understand how Cappy is even capable of loving anybody after all the crap that he has been through in his short life.  (Cappy was very obviously abused by a man - he's terrified of brooms, work boots and yelling.)  I'm so thankful that Chad is patient with him.
I'm starting to get nervous about the drive home - it's definitely going to be a long two days, but I cannot wait to get there and see all of my friends.  (And, of course, introduce Cappy!)  I know my parents are both excited, and I think Cappy is starting to sense my excitement, too.  I just hope we don't have any issues at my parents.  I'm sure Elijah will accept him, and Zuulie will probably just ignore him - I am worried about John-Paul, though.  He is such a little shit, I can just see him smacking Cappy around. 
Yesterday I went to Academy Sports, which is the Texas version of Dicks - let me tell you, it sucks.  I really miss Dicks and cannot wait to go there when I get back to Illinois!
I have made my packing list for the trip home, there's so much more for me to bring since I'm bringing Cappy along, and just need to start packing.  I've started putting important things (like wedding pictures) aside so that I don't forget anything.  I guess I really need to start packing here in the next 24 hours.  I've not got much going on before I leave, though tomorrow is our Construction Orientation meeting and I may have to go without Chad.  (He may be going to Port Arthur for work.) I'm also anxiously awaiting the call from Dr. Heaps' office so that I can pick up a copy of my operative reportt...other than that, it looks like it's going to be another day in Paradise....

Comments

Popular Posts