Today was a good day.....

So far, at least! :-)
Chad & I enjoyed another full night of sleep! Cappy is SUCH a good dog.  How he can be so loving after all the crap he has been through is beyond me, I really don't think I'd be capable of loving anything!
Cappy & I got up at 5:30 this morning and took our potty walk and then ate breakfast.  I decided against going back to bed since I had an appointment with Dr. Heaps at 9am.  (You never know how the traffic will be here, so you have to allow yourself at least an hour to get someplace.)  I watched last night's "Secret Life" and took my shower.
My appointment today went well.  I am almost completely healed and am off of restrictions, which makes me SO happy.  I saw the pictures from surgery, so I have seen the extent of the Endometriosis and I also saw the small uterine puncture.  My belly button has healed very well, although I have a small stitch starting to stick out.  The stitch isn't poking out enough to pull it out, so I just have to wait it out.  He gave me a new pill to start, called Lybrel, which is a continuous birth control pill.  I don't have to go back until December, so that he can determine how well the medication is working.  He did say that he wants to do a HSG next summer so that we can make sure I can get pregnant, but that's a year away.  As long as I'm tolerating Lybrel well and it seems to be working, I don't have to have surgery! :-)  Wahoo!!!!
I ran by Stafford Oaks to pick up Cap's records and his medicine for the road trip.  They didn't seem to grasp the fact that I didn't want him to be seen there anymore, because they made me fill out paperwork and changed his name in the system. Ugh!  The nice thing was that they gave me the medication free of charge, so that helped.  I recognized one of the girls who was out helping us try to find him, and she was very apologetic.  Reading over his records, it appears that they estimate him to be right around a year old.  That would definitely explain his puppy-like behavior at times!
I'm hoping that I can keep Cap in his crate all day tomorrow and the rest of the week, with the exception of his morning potty walk and evening out so that it will make the trip home easier on both of us.  William is doing very well with him, and I really think that they're going to be good buddies. I definitely have the best lil' pirates ever! :-)

Comments

Popular Posts