Missing my nurse

I've been home just shy of 48 hours and I'm really missing my nurse.  (AKA: Chad) 
Yesterday I started feeling icky around 4pm, but I realized that I hadn't taken any pain pills all day long.  I was proud of myself for not taking them, but I just committed one of the biggest sins in pain management.  (You manage your pain by taking the pain pills whenever you are allowed, that way you never have too much pain!)  Sigh...Chad picked up some Panera soup and forced me to eat, which made me feel much better.
I stayed on top of the pain pills last night, but I lost track of time and didn't know when I last took the Vicodin this morning.  That was bad news, because I started feeling crappy around 5am.  After a phone call to my mother, I ended up eating some yogurt and taking Advil.  We discussed the pain pills and figured out a schedule, so that I always know what time I can have my medicine.  Hopefully this should help out.
I'm really craving McDonald's, but I don't think it's in my best interest to get in the car and drive there and back.  I really wish that I was back at home so that my dad could pick it up for me.  I've been munching on these delicious Ritz Munchables Pretzel Rounds all day long, and am looking forward to Chad leaving work early and bringing me a pizza.
I'm hoping that tomorrow I feel much better and will be a little more self-sufficient. 
I finally got all the goop off of my arm from the tape holding my IV, so I don't feel so much like an alien.  I have a little bit of a bruise from the IV itself, but I suppose that's to be expected considering its location.  I'm still not bending over, so my legs will probably be hairy for awhile.  :-(  I really want to take a bath, but I know that it's not a good idea.  Sigh....I'm also thinking it's going to be a long weekend without going to the pool.  :-(  I think I'm finally getting most of the gas out of my belly, as it's not quite as distended as it has been.  I even slept on my stomach for awhile last night. 
I've finished the book I started at the hospital and have been napping on and off.  I'm contemplating watching recorded television shows now because I'm really bored.
I really miss Chad being here, but I know he's got to work.  He was such a fabulous nurse yesterday (And, even Tuesday at the hospital).  He's done an excellent job at filling my Dad's shoes, because Daddy is one of the best nurses ever! :-)  I'm just counting my blessings that I have such a wonderful husband.  His mom taught him well, and I'm sure having two sisters helped, too! :-) 
I don't really have much to say, but I thought I'd let the world know how much I appreciate my husband, he is the best.  And, thank you to all of my friends for your thoughts and prayers.  I really am a lucky girl!

Comments

Popular Posts