Damn you, Don!

I am not going to be a happy camper if Tropical Storm Don gets in my way of the trip home.  Less than an hour after my previous post I saw that we (Brazoria County - Pearland, TX) has a Tropical Storm Warning.  Ugh.  It looks like it could start to pour any second now.  I'm starting to get nervous - I'm so excited about going home and I already have stuff planned!  I guess if we have flooding the only option I have is to reschedule the trip. :-(
I'm debating whether or not I should start moving our pictures away from the windows, since we know our apartment leaks.  Should I move the furniture, too?  And, should I just bite the bullet and put towels in the windows to absorb any water that may find its way in the house?  I'm also concerned about our foyer, since we had standing water there last time it rained.  Ugh!  I just hope it holds off until I am gone. 
Chad may be going to Port Arthur tomorrow for work, and I believe the storm is predicted to be worse over there - last thing I want is for him to get stranded!  If I could leave today, I would, but with the Construction meeting scheduled at 10am tomorrow and Uncle Stu planning on me arriving Sunday afternoon, I just don't feel like that's something I can do. Boo!!!
I've been having really bad cramping the past two days, but it's particularly bad today.  I started to get concerned when it was so bad it made me nauseous, so I asked the nurse when they called a little bit ago.  I didn't know if it was caused by starting the new pills or being examined on Tuesday.  Dr. Heaps called me just a bit ago and said that it's from the Lybrel.  Apparently when you start a new birth control pill, there is a surge of hormones (even though they are both very low dose) and it causes the Endometriosis to start flaring up.  He said I could expect this for a week or two and to take pain pills.  This is the last thing that I want to deal with when driving home, but thankfully, the Ibuprofen 800 shouldn't make me drowsy.  I just wish I had known this before I started taking the pills because I would have waited for awhile.  Apparently, that is what is causing my wicked headache, too.  Yuck-o!  Thankfully, he said if I run out of pain pills when I'm at home to call him and he'd call me some in.  Whew!  (We all know how compliant I am with pain meds, though! LOL)
I will get through this - I think I just need to get my frustrations off of my chest.  Chad is busy at work and I'm stuck here in the apartment, anxiously awaiting Don's arrival.  Thank goodness for William & Cappy!

Comments

Popular Posts