Doing 2013 Coffman Style...

After returning to work on Thursday, I was utterly exhausted by the time I got home. I had wanted Chad to come home and throw the Trader Joe's lasagna in the oven, but that didn't happen. Instead I waited for him to bring home dinner from Center Court. By the time I stuffed my face it was time for bed. Ugh! Then I got to wake up at 5 on Friday morning to do it all over again. Sigh...
I was pretty excited on Friday morning when Norma walked in our door - she's my absolute favorite Ortho front-desk person! She is so much fun to work with, and that makes the time go by faster. I went home after work and spent an hour a and 45 minutes on hold with Disney. We received a PIN in the mail on Thursday, so we decided to just cancel our stay at the Gaylord Palms and spend a full week at Disney. It was an additional $1200, but well worth it in our minds. (Since dining and park passes are included). I was also very excited because that meant that I could book my favorite restaurant, Coral Reef, for dinner!!!
Yesterday, Chad and I both woke up grumpy. I haven't been sleeping well for quite awhile, and I was beginning to think that we needed a new mattress. Thankfully, Chad was starting to feel the same way. So, we spent a good part of the day mattress shopping. We first went by Mattress Firm, which left a lot to be desired, and then tried Mattress Overstock. The guy there was much more helpful, and they had two beds that we really liked. We decided on the Stearns & Foster latex bed (hypoallergenic & anti microbial), but weren't certain we were ready to make the decision. Well, the salesman hooked us up real good, so we bought the mattress. (We looked up the price of the bed through Stearns & Foster and found that it was a $7500 set, we paid 1/3 that!). It will be delivered on Friday, and this girl cannot wait.
Last night, we has the WA Parrish PCI Holiday Party at Center Court, which was very disappointing. Chad and I both put a lot of effort into this party. There were a total of 30+ people invited, including us there weren't even 10 people. The bad thing was that we had to spend a certain amount since we had reserved the room, so we pulled the set menu out and gave everybody the option to get whatever they wanted. It was honestly pretty sad. It was apparent to me that the people who showed up take their job seriously, and are committed. It was great to see people who looked up to Chad - I honestly think he was a few people's "idol." I was exhausted, especially after being there for five hours, so I left Chad there knowing that he would get a ride home. Turns out that he rode home with Michael, our server for the evening. They take pretty good care of us there...
We slept in this morning, as both of us were exhausted, and then I spent the day being productive. I took all the Christmas decorations down, did laundry, put clothes away, vacuumed and cleaned the kitchen. Chad, on the other hand, sat in the office playing on his new computer all day. We did, however, move the piano out of the guest room and into the living room. We also took down the bed in the guest room and reassembled it in the nursery. Obviously, we aren't going to be adding to the family anytime soon, so there's no point in having the depressing, empty room. After our new mattress is delivered on Friday, we are moving our mattress into the guest room. Hopefully, that will make it a little more comfortable when we have company.

Comments

Popular Posts