Two Tickets to Paradise

Paradise. Hell in a handbasket. Work. Disney World.
Given these options, I'm leaning towards Disney World. Unfortunately, I still have 122 days to go. Sigh...
It's been a rough week. First off, I'm trying to figure out why we don't get to ease back into the real world and five day work week. Seriously, I think it would increase productivity! Moving on...
I didn't sleep well on Sunday night, as Cappy, Chad and I were all tossing and turning. Add in said dog who was kicking me all night - that's a recipe for disaster.
Yesterday was a fairly painful day here at the office as well, probably because we all had a bad case of The Monday's. I spent all morning on the phone with automated systems verifying patient insurance. Ugh! A new year equals a new headache. Thankfully, my coworkers came to the rescue with pizza for lunch and witty comments. I was super excited to get home at a decent time and cook a (somewhat) healthy dinner. Unfortunately, Chad didn't make it home until 8pm. I ate dinner by myself. Again. I will admit, however, I was pleasantly surprised that Chad actually liked the vegetables! :-)
I slept like a rock last night and woke up in a much better mood today, though I was still pretty tired. We had a lot of rain this morning, and I was driving about 30 mph on my way in today. Of course, our 7am didn't show. Sigh. At least we had an hour full of our version of Name that Tune! :-). When Tracey arrived, she brought me a chocolate candy bar. Pretty decent start to the day, if I do say so myself.
Tomorrow is our appointment with Dr Williams, and I'll be the first to admit that I'm starting to get nervous. In my opinion, it's now or never. We have a lot of things on our plate right now, with big decisions to make.
When Chad called me on his way home from work I reminded him of our appointment tomorrow. Guess what happened?! Yup, he forgot. He said I needed to cancel it because his boss would be out at the job site. Well, I spent the morning rescheduling patients since we don't have coverage for our office. Although I would have been irritated that I needed to reschedule, there was no way in hell I was going to reschedule after moving all of those patients around. Honestly, I think Mike will understand. I just have to remind Chad multiple times tomorrow about the appointment. If he isn't able to make it I may flip out.
After tomorrow's appointment, I hope to run to the store to pick up some meat for dinner tomorrow, cook a good dinner and spend time with my boys. Unfortunately, Chad has to return to the plant but I will survive.
They are forecasting heaving rain tonight and tomorrow, but I'm hoping we get the downpour tonight. There is nothing like sleeping through a rainstorm. I only hope that the roads in Pearland don't flood and cause me additional headache.
Oh! I almost forgot to mention two fun items! We had a message regarding our mattress on our voicemail. Looks like the earliest they can deliver our mattress will be Saturday. Ughhhh!!!! I am disappointed, but can handle one more night. Monday, however, isn't acceptable as my coworker is off. The other fun item is the cost of my new stomach/heartburn meds. A solid $40 a month. Go figure. I suppose it is money well spent if I don't get heartburn. Hopefully, he can request insurance cover it since its a chronic problem. Guess I'll have to follow up on that in March...

Comments

Popular Posts