Cheers! (To 2013)

I'm hoping and praying that 2013 will be a better year for Chad and I...
We had a fairly productive day, though we probably could have accomplished much more than we did. Since we bought some Carne Asada at Trader Joes, we ran to HEB this morning for fresh tortillas and guacamole. Mmmmm!!! We definitely enjoyed tonight's dinner. Yummy in my big, fat tummy!!!
While we were at the grocery store, I noticed something...for some reason I've never thought much about it before - the entire thought of having a walk-in clinic in a grocery store is just all wrong! Don't get me wrong, I understand the purpose, but I seriously felt like I needed to go home and scrub myself! There was one lady all bundled up in a blanket with a garbage bag - not gonna lie, she looked like she was dying! Then there was the lady holding the ziplock Baggie full of used Kleenex. Ewwwwwwwwww!!!!
Regardless of how shitty I am feeling I REFUSE to go to a walk-in clinic like this. (Sorry Uncle Stu!!! We love you!!!!). Honestly, I'd choke up the money and go to the ER first. Sad, eh?!
Seriously, whose great idea was it to put a damned walk-in clinic in a grocery store where they're handing out food samples?! Sounds like a great way to spread germs to me!!! I just wanted to scrub myself from head to toe after leaving - I'm pretty sure Big Lots is cleaner than that germ pool!
We also made a stop at Walmart to pick up thing that we thought would solve our home phone issue. The funny thing is that we bought all kinds of crap that we didnt need - after all the failures Chad realized he was over thinking the issue. (And, if you feel that you need our home phone number, send me a private message & I'll get it to you!)
I finally finished organizing the closet and went through all of my shoes, that alone is a huge weight off of my chest. I also called both my Grandma and Nana Jan today. It was great to hear their voices again - you don't realize how much you miss somebody until you are far away from them. Apparently Nana already has one sweater set done for our unborn kid - she told me she's just waiting to hear how many more she needs to make. It made me so happy - to hear that she was excited about something. She hasn't really been the same since Papa Bob passed...
I promised both Grandma and Nana that I would try to call more often, I know I've been neglecting both of them. I love both of them more than they know.
I also got to talk to my brother today, and I'm super excited that he will be coming to visit us in April!!!!!!!!! I cannot wait to spend some time with him and show him around! :-)
Chad and I had a long discussion today about IVF - and have decided that tomorrow I'm going to call to make an appointment for yet another consultation with Dr Williams. It's just not right that we have to push back our dreams because of others. I'd much rather get started on this sooner than later.
I'm honestly looking forward to returning to work on Thursday. It has been nice lounging around the house with my boys, but I'm excited to get back to a normal routine. (Plus, I've really missed my awesome coworkers!)

Comments

Popular Posts