For the Birds.

That's how I felt about today. It was awful. I knew when I got out of bed that it was going to be rough. We didn't have patients scheduled until 8, and I was exhausted. Not to mention the fact that today was an 11 hour day, with two therapists, and we only had 18 patients. Yikes!
I ran by Starbucks for coffee and stopped at Burger King on my way to the office. Recently I discovered that they brought cheesy tots back. Guess what? No cheesy tots. Ugh! So, I decided to pick up Panera, and it was quite delicious.
The day started out boring and slow, but changed around lunchtime. I'm dead serious when I say that I felt like I was in the middle of a soap opera. Lets just say there was a call made to 911. Yikes! It was a pretty scary situation, to say the least. (And I'm pretty good at dealing with 'emergencies')
I lost my appetite. My blood pressure was high and my heart was racing. I was also burning hot. Honestly, I'm pretty certain that I was on the road to a panic attack.
Thankfully, a patient arrived and helped distract me. Whew! Crisis averted.
I did call our boss to inform him of the situation, just to cover our butts. He said that we did everything right, and not to worry.
Sigh...
I don't think that any of us will ever forget today. And I thought today was going to be boring...

I met Chad at Center Court even though I just wanted to go home. In glad I did. Our pizza was phenomenal and we had a lot of laughs. It was much needed. (I'm also looking forward to leftovers for lunch tomorrow)
Not going to lie, calling in sick and taking a mental health day sounds amazing. I won't do it though. I will gather all of my strength and do it all again tomorrow.

Comments

Popular Posts