The Waiting Game

Although fairly tired, I jumped out of bed excited for what was in store for today. I was nervous, almost to the point of throwing up this morning, especially after I got to the doctor's office.
I was hopeful for good results at my appointment today. While my right ovary showed potential, my left one was difficult to visualize. (As usual.). I got the lab work done, and anxiously awaited a phone call from the doctors office. See, if everything looked good I was to start my injections today. This would have been a bit of a headache, since they'd not been ordered yet. But I was up for the challenge.
While I was on the phone with a patient, the doctors office called. I quickly got off of the phone. Unfortunately, my estrogen level was 138, and it needs to be under 100. I was given two weeks of birth control and instructions to return to the office on February 4th for more lab work and another ultrasound. Boo! I wanted to cry.
The good news is that I now have time to order the injections and for them to arrive. The pharmacy called and gave me the grand total - $1500 for my medicine alone.
I was really excited after my appointment, as I was going to be able to start the injections and get the show on the road. I was a little anxious, too. I mean, honestly, who wouldn't be nervous about all of these things?
Part of me is relieved that I have two more weeks before I start giving myself injections, but the other part of me is really bummed out. Deep down I know that I should be thankful that I have this opportunity and that my doctor didn't allow me to start injections before my body was ready. You may think that it should be a given, but I know there are a lot of unscrupulous people in the world, some of which may be physicians.
I was lucky in the fact that the doctor agreed to fill the birth control pill that I've had the best luck with. Lord knows I've been on enough of them! I just didn't want to feel like garbage all the time. Nausea is just too much for me to handle.
I guess I now get to sit back and play the waiting game. Thankfully, there's a lot on my plate right now to occupy my mins.

Comments

Popular Posts