Don't Ask Me Why

Because I certainly don't have a good answer to any of your questions. Kind of sad that I feel that way, if you ask me.
I think right now I'm just stressed out, exhausted, irritated and in need of a break.
I really don't know what my deal is. I think I'm just tired of everything.
I know I shouldn't be complaining.
Chad and I are both employed and reasonably healthy. We have a nice home, two sweet fur-babies, nice cars and food on our table. It doesn't seem to be enough.
I have a part-time job with no benefits, but this week I will have worked a total of almost 53 hours. Yawn.
Chad works even more than I do. We only get to see each other for maybe an hour (on a good night) before we go to bed. Then we wake up at 4-ish, spend time together (as zombies) while getting ready for work. This just isn't the life I had wanted.
Today Chad talked to his 'boss' about our vacation, which had already been 'approved'. Now we are being told that Chad cannot be gone for seven days, and that we must fly.
Sorry, not happening. I despise flying. I get so worked up that I need Valium so that I don't have a panic attack. If insemination works, I can't take Valium. There is no way you're getting me on a plane without Valium. No way, no how. I'm sure Chad's company would love for us to cancel our vacation, but I'll be damned if I'm going to do that.
If y'all recall, we were suppose to go on a trip to San Antonio in early December. We didnt get to go on that trip because of an outage at Chads job. Then, as you may remember, we were going to go home for Christmas. Once again, we couldn't go. Why?! Because although Chad told them six months ago, other people were going to be gone, so Chad had to work.
Fabulous. I missed a trip with my family. For all we know, this may have been Nama T's last Christmas, and we were in Texas.
I guess I'm just tired of the fact that Chad's work comes first. Today a comment was made to him about how somebody may 'want to work less and spend time with her kids.' Seriously? Perhaps Chad would like to spend time with me, and we'd like to try to start a family.
Obviously, I'm a bit annoyed right now. I just don't like the fact that neither one of us can properly take care of ourselves because we Work TOO much. Sigh....

Comments

Popular Posts