Just Another Day...

This past week brought a lot of irritation. There were more than a few times that I wanted to scream at the top of my lungs, and I know that Chad had quite a few of these moments too.
The worst was on Tuesday when I found out that we wouldn't be going on the branch trip to San Antonio. Apparently Chad's plant gave them more work during the outage, and some of the major things needed to be done during the trip. So, Chad, along with Josh and Bill, decided to stay behind. I was irritated for multiple reasons:
1. This is something that Chad earned
2. We are both in need of a break, and this would fit the bill.
3. We had a couples massage scheduled, and we were looking forward to it.
Ugh! Sometimes I really hate Chad's job. Thankfully, the company is going to provide us with Marriott travel vouchers for the amount that would have been spent on this trip. At least this means that we can go on our own trip without having to do any group activities! :-)
We are torn between the JW Marriott in San Antonio (where we would be tonight) and TPC Sawgrass Marriott Resort in St Augustine, FL. The best part about TPC Sawgrass is that it's less than two hours away from Uncle Bill and Aunt Jean. Should we go to Sawgrass, we are trying to arrange for a day of golfing and goofing around with them! The beauty, in my opinion, of the JW is that it is seriously three hours away, so we'd get more bang for our buck. Honestly, the most important thing to me is the spa...
On Thursday, we discharged one of our very favorite patients. I'm glad to see her able to go back to work, but (selfishly) I'm really going to miss her. We have a lot of amazing patients, but she is somebody special - I'm not sure I've ever met anybody with a bigger heart than her. Knowing how much I love Reese's, she brought me a two pound Reese's peanut butter cup as a parting gift. (Stayed tuned for pictures). She brought Tracey a jumbo box of her favorite candy, and Carlos a selection of coffee creamers. :-). The gifts were very unnecessary, but definitely appreciated.
Yesterday was a very busy day - I had my appointment with Dr Heaps for the full sh-bang, and Comcast came to install our new cable and Internet. Ahhh! I feel like we are back among the living now that we don't have ghetto cable and Internet. I cannot believe the difference in picture quality and speed.
My appointment went well, and the phrase of the day was 'breast awareness,'. Yup, I know. This is where I do my good deed - check your boobies! Feel them so you know what is normal for you!!!!! :-)
They didn't do a pregnancy test, just told me to wait and see. (Patience isn't my strong suit). But he did prescribe me another month of Clomid, this time at the very highest dosage, just in case... I guess we are going to give it everything we have got this month. I still don't know anything yet, and I'm fully expecting a big fat negative since he gave me the meds, but only time will tell.
Perhaps it's a blessing that we aren't on the trip, because for some reason, I feel like I'm getting sick again. Just in time for my birthday - go figure. I'm just hoping I can actually spend some time with Chad on my birthday. Since I had already requested a few days off for this silly trip, I decided to keep Monday off so I could do something for myself - on Tuesday I will be returning to work for a very long day. Ugh....
Yesterday, I also received my new Keurig, courtesy of my awesome mom. I feel like we have a coffee problem since we now have two coffee makers. Oh well... I was very excited to use it this morning, it's so convenient to only make one cup rather than an entire pot!
When I went to Walmart, I just happened upon one oft favorite creamers that I've been unable to find here. Needless to say, I cleared the shelf. I also treated myself to a coffee filter pod for the Keurig that allows me to use my favorite Tiramisu coffee from Target in my Keurig. Life is grand...
On Tuesday, my birthday blue jeans arrived. And I like them so much more than I thought I would. For some reason, I really want another pair.
I'm trying to come up with a birthday/Christmas wish list in between being lazy and watching my new favorite show, Call the Midwife, on BBC America. What an amazing show! I highly recommend it.
Cappy was a very good puppy this week, with the exception of eating one of my sandals. I'm certainly glad it wasn't one if my favorite pairs! Our Christmas tree is still standing, and William still has an eyeball. :-)
I decorated our bushes in the front with shatterproof brown and blue ornaments this morning. I think it looks pretty cute, if I do say so myself. Now if only I could get Chad to hang some lights....

Comments

Popular Posts