Homesick

So I need to vent. I've been trying to keep an open mind and a positive outlook, but right now it's difficult.
We should be at Rick and Cindy's opening gifts with Cam and the rest of the family. Instead we ate lasagna and garlic bread while watching Christmas movies. And may I mention that the lasagna wasn't even Saputo's. sigh...
Chad and I made the Benson family pecan balls, which were delicious, though a bit burnt on the bottom. All of the gifts are wrapped and waiting for us tomorrow.
I really wish we were in Illinois. I miss our family, Elijah, and the kitty monsters. There were so many things I wanted to do at home - go shopping with my mom, meet up with my friends, eating delicious food that my mom makes and the delicious things that can only be found in Springfield.
Tomorrow we will open our gifts, perhaps take a walk, watch the Disney parade, and eat dinner. The only thing that would make it better is if we were with our family.
The weather is delightful, but not very much like Christmas. I'm hoping chad doesn't get offended by any of the Christmas gifts that are under the tree. For some reason, I have a sinking suspicion that there's a vacuum under the tree for me. Big sigh...
Apparently Chad had thought about gettin me a fancy kitchen aide stand alone mixer, but he decided against it. I would actually really like one.
Today I figured out how to use the food processor, which was a pretty big deal.
I'm looking forward to getting Christmas over with so I don't feel so lonely. I was hoping to go shopping on Wednesday, but I'm doubting that will happen. Chad will be at work and I hate going out by myself.
All I want for Christmas is...home!!!











Comments

Popular Posts