Almost "toooooooooooooooooo"

My precious giant baby will be two on Saturday.  It seriously seems like just yesterday that I was pregnant with her.  For some reason, two seems to be hitting me harder than one - perhaps because I was pregnant with the twins for her first birthday and I knew there'd be another first birthday in the future?!

This morning I finished up shopping for her birthday, and instead of fun things I decided to focus on educational things. #sorrycharleigh Of course, I got her a few fun things (a stuffed Big Bird & Cookie Monster) but the rest were developmental.  She has already found the two gift bags and is trying to yank them off of Chad's desk - guess I need to work on better hiding spots, especially when Christmas comes around.

I was lucky enough to manage going to Target without her, thanks to Yessenia, but that was absolutely all that I accomplished of my errands.  Quite frankly, the only reason I made it there was because we were out of formula.  Yawn...

Chad had to get up bright and early to finish some work and go to a meeting at a plant, so once his alarm went off at 4am, I was pretty much up for the day.  Exhausted would be an understatement at this point.

Luckily, Chad was able to pick up Rocky after his meeting.  As you can imagine, Rocky was very excited to be home.  Thankfully he doesn't appear to be in any pain, but he is a little more lazy than usual.  (Of course this is coming from the pup that lounges around all day long - you'd think he were a cat!). Everybody at the house (Yessenia included) was happy to see the sweet boy.  He showered all of us with kisses when he got here.

Yessenia and I (Aw, hell.  Who am I kidding?!  It was all Yessenia) got all of the laundry washed and put away, the guest bathroom cleaned and the upstairs ready for my in laws arrival tomorrow.  Hopefully my mother-in-law, also called "The Cleaning Nazi" by her very own son is happy with the condition of the house.  Obviously, it won't be as good as it was when Yessenia left, but I'll take what I can get.

Charleigh, once again, refused to take a nap as did Campbelle.  Teething is hitting the twins quite hard, and I'm beginning to think I need to buy stock in not only Tylenol & Advil, but Honest Company as well.

I felt so badly because when I was at Target a certain giant baby who shall remain nameless decided to paint her playroom and herself with poop.  Poor Yessenia walked in from doing laundry to find that.  (So sorry, Tia!). I'm just very glad that she was there to take care of the mess and didn't hesitate to bathe Charleigh and get her poopy clothes taken care of.  I'm almost embarrassed to admit that I'm not sure that any of my babysitting charges would have gotten the same treatment.  Please tell me that doesn't make me a bad person....

I'm honestly not going anywhere in particular with this blog, except for the fact that I truly cannot believe my Charleigh June is going to be two years old in 3 short days.  I wish time would slow down some.  I cried reading a book that I bought her, I cried writing the message in it, and I cried reading said message to Chad.  I'm going to be a blubbering disaster at 431pm CST on Saturday.  Two years old.  It'd just doesn't seem possible to me.

In additition to my blubbering about Charleigh turning two and my crazy day, I want to take time to acknowledge Yessenia - our cleaning lady & nanny.  She is my breath of fresh air.  She gives me a much needed break, especially when Chad is on the road.  I cannot begin to explain just how much she means to me.  She helps me so much, with everything around the house. And, I know that if I needed her to come run errands with me or take the kiddos to the doctor, she'd jump up and say, "let's go!"  Yessenia is my adult conversation when my mind is ripe with Disney Junior and Sesame Street.  She is, in some ways, a sister to me.  I truly feel that I can talk to her about absolutely anything and that she'd never judge me. She treats my children as her own, which is huge to me.  I'm just so thankful that I took a chance on contacting somebody who left their card on my front door.  She has definitely been a blessing. (Yessenia, we absolutely love you.  Thank you for loving us and taking such good care of us.)

So, yeah, I guess that's it for my emotional blubbering this evening.  I'm sure it will continue through Saturday.  Unfortunately Friday night we have a Gala to attend in Galveston and we have a hotel room, so I'm pretty certain that by the time I get to start blubbering, said blubbering could be VERY interesting. Saturday is guaranteed to be an emotional roller coaster.  I still can't believe that my baby girl is going to be TWO years old.  I'm ready for time to slow down now...

Comments

Popular Posts