My So-Called Life

Though I wouldn't trade it for a million dollars, life is getting crazier each and every day.  In addition to the usual daily routine, I've now added in a little bit of potty training and some homeschooling for Charleigh.  To say that I'm exhausted by the time the weekend comes around is a bit of an understatement.

Charleigh appears to be doing quite well with the homeschooling.  In a short week, she's mastered three small wooden puzzles, and can now point to practically all important body parts when asked.  I just need to have her master "anti cubical fossa" and we are GOLD. LOL.  She seems to be attempting to talk more and is learning to use the iPad. My personal favorite, though, is when she says, "Poppy Seeeeeeee" {Poppy Seed}, which is what we are now calling Campbelle.

The twins are both teething, and it appears that Coleson is going to be very much like Charleigh - a whiny teether.  (At least Charleigh broke me in well.). It's definitely strange since they're six months old and don't have teeth yet, especially since Charleigh cut her first tooth just shy of three months.  I'm fully anticipating Dr Ho telling me to introduce foods after their six month appointment, but we will actually have to do purée's rather than BLW.  Ten bucks says that if he gives us the go ahead (it's questionable just because of their premature tummies and the history of food allergies), the next week will be full of me purée-ing vegetables. Campbelle has finally moved into 0-3 month clothing, which is a huge deal when you consider how tiny she really is.  I was beginning to feel like this day would never come.  Another new thing for the twins is that, upon occasion, we let them take naps together - I absolutely love watching them cuddle on the monitor and walking in to see them talking to each other.  

Rocky is getting ready to start his heart worm treatments.  Tomorrow we will be dropping him off at the vet for a day or two, and I'm very nervous about the entire thing.  {Side note:  I can almost guarantee that he will be the only dog there with a pillow, 800 thread count sheets and a crocheted blanket.}. I know that he has to go through this treatment, that he will be so much healthier, but that doesn't make it any easier on me.  I'm terrified that he will think we've left him, or that he has done something wrong.
  Rocky is doing a much better job with being gentle, and I truly don't think that he'd ever hurt a flea.  Obviously, he won't be much of a guard dog - particularly if he truly is deaf.

Cappy is still adjusting to Rocky's presence, and I'm not sure that he'll ever totally accept him. Poor guy has become so over-protective of the babies and myself that he's starting to become a nuisance.  I can say, though, that I truly believe that he would take a bullet for us.  He is definitely an asshole, but he's our asshole.  The cats are their usually catty selves, and none of them particularly care much for Rocky.  I'm sure it won't take long, though, once they spend more time with him.  Willie still struggles with his allergies, and he's really the only one who is patient with Charleigh.  (Charleigh absolutely adores all three of them, as well as her dogs)

Chad is, as usual, working a lot.  Last week was the first week in at least a month that he didn't go to Corpus Christi.  It was so nice having him home at night, even though he's never home long.  

As for me, I'm doing the best that I can.  I'm attempting to cook healthier meals for all of us, which can be VERY trying and exhausting with the three kids under two.  I'm also trying to figure out what is best for me - attempting the extensive excision surgery or having a hysterectomy.  I've honestly been feeling worse almost each and every day, but I'm trying so hard to hide it.  I broke down the other day - it's been awhile, but I think I'm starting to feel like I did when I was first diagnosed with Endo in high school. Ugh...the pain is not fun.  There are days you wonder if you're coming down with a stomach virus because the pains are so strange.  Nope...  Just Endometriosis, folks.
Also, I'm not sure if there's a correlation between my anxiety and the Endometriosis, but I feel like my anxiety is starting to get worse.  That is embarrassing to admit.  I wish anxiety was easy to explain, but it's definitely not.  Honestly, I'm almost starting to shy away from any social activities because I worry about practically everything and I take everything so very personally.  Add in the fact that I'm overly anxious about my kids, Sheesh...

I guess perhaps it'd be different if all of my children were "normal."  They all have their special needs, be it medications or feeding restrictions/guidelines and it can really wear you down.  I'm so very thankful that we have Yessenia to give me a break once a week.  I'm also very thankful that my friends understand my anxiety, and they cut me slack when I need it and are always there when I need them.  It is strange - although I miss family back in Illinois, I feel so lucky here.  I truly have some of the BEST friends that a girl could ever ask for, even if we don't get to see each other as frequently as we'd like.

Moving away from my anxiety, because I know it makes people uncomfortable, we've been lucky enough to meet more of our neighbors on our culdesac.  We have a pretty cool culdesac, and have some neighbors that will probably be pretty good friends.  Although we miss The Scotts & The Halls, it's nice actually getting to know your neighbors.  Sadly, in the four years we lived in the old house that's one thing that never happened.  Of course, most of our neighbors didn't speak English, so I guess there's that...

Life has definitely been busy, and I know it will just get busier over time.  But, for the time being, I'm just going to sit back and ride this roller coaster.  It may be overwhelming at times, but I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Comments

Popular Posts