Whew!

What. A. Day.

This morning was a hectic one here at our house. Our alarms went off bright and early, as we had a lot to do.  Chad had to drop Rocky off at the vet for his first heart worm treatment, our cleaning lady/nanny was coming, and I had a doctor's appointment at 9am.

Somehow, with all the craziness I managed to forget to take Cappy out to potty this morning.  Oops!  At least I remembered to unlock the door for Yessenia.  AND, I made it to my appointment on time.  I'd say that's a pretty big deal.

Charleigh was wonderful while waiting for my appointment.  Sweet girl sat there, playing with her iPad and waving at people outside the window.  Coleson was pretty grumpy, as was Campbelle. Damn teeth.

Once we got back into the room, however, all hell broke loose.  All three kids (of course) wanted to be held. My doctor, God love him, was running behind.  (Though I can't be too upset with him running behind - he always gets me in when I'm sick & takes his time with us.). By the time he came into the room, I was holding the twins and trying to prevent Charleigh from ripping the blinds off of the window. It's a good thing he's understanding, as he examined me while I was standing trying to keep everybody quiet.

As is becoming the norm, Charleigh flipped out the second he put his stethoscope in his ears.  Sigh...
Unfortunately, I'm not recovering from those two bouts of bronchitis I had well. :(. My asthma is once again, getting the best of me.  We discussed my anxiety and the potential options I had to attempt to treat my Endo.  After that discussion, I'm feeling like I am making a good decision in attempting the extensive excision surgery before resorting to a hysterectomy.  I also got a hefty lecture about taking care of myself, as he believes I'm running myself ragged.  Because of my asthma, I was the lucky recipient of a steroid shot in the arse, and when his nurse came in, she gave me a lecture...

I was holding Poppy seed and Charleigh was crawling up on me.  His nurse said I should have come ask for help so I could have a break.  Uhhh...one, they're my kids & responsibility, not yours. Two, you're working! She grabbed Charleigh and gave her to one of the nurses to play with and then grabbed another nurse to hold cratchety-ass Campbelle.  (She also asked Coleson if his "handsome self" wanted to come home with her today.). After my shot, I find Charleigh being the Princess of SLFP. She doesn't want to come back to me, and runs down the hall to Dr V's private office and closes the door.  Needless to say, everybody got quite the kick out of it.  When we left, Charleigh yelled "Buh-bye!" To the entire office, waved and blew kisses.  Everybody in the back was smiling and laughing.  And then we walked through the waiting area, and she continued to do the same thing.  Patients, of course, start giggling, blowing kisses, waving and telling her "Bye!"  Once we got to the hallway, she stopped into the Urgent Care to share the love as well.  Damn, it's a good thing she's cute...

While I was checking out of the doctor's office, there was an elderly Hispanic woman who was talking Spanish to my sweet babies.  I, of course, had zero idea what the hell she was saying - and I'm pretty sure the look on my face made it obvious. Her son was with her, and eventually translated - she was commenting on how blessed I was, what beautiful children I had and that may God continue to bless us all.  

How sweet is that?!

TO add to the sweetness they both offered to help me get the kids into the car.  What a thoughtful gesture.  I obviously didn't take them up on the offer, but it was a very kind offer and I appreciate it.

I was SO happy to get home, especially since I arrived to an almost perfectly clean house.  (Thank you, Yessenia!!!). I attempted putting all the kiddos down for a nap after feeding them all, but...NONE of them napped.  This Mommy was worn out after this morning.  Oh well...

Yessenia will be back tomorrow to help finish up the house preparations for my in-laws who are arriving on Thursday.  I have what feels like a gazillion errands to run tomorrow, as well.

Our contractor friend, Damon, came out to the house this evening to look at our backyard.  He will be extending our patio this week and putting gutters on the back of the house.  I'm definitely excited about the patio, as our old house had an AMAZING extended patio.  This brings us a step closer to making the pool a reality! :)

The vet called regarding Rocky this afternoon.  He is (of course) taking his treatment like a fighter, good old Rocky Balboa style.  The vet actually said that he was doing so well that we could bring him home tonight!  Sadly, I didn't want to drag all the babies out to get him and I truly felt that staying overnight was in his best interest - just in case.  Y'all know I like to err on the side of caution. So, tomorrow morning, Rocky will be coming back home - and I cannot wait!  It's quite lonely here without that sweet, big guy.

So, that's the excitement I had for today.  I managed to get all three kids in bed by 7pm (by myself, might I add) and am lounging in my comfy bed waiting for Chad to get home.  It's a tough life, folks.  But somebody's got to do it.  And, according to my doctor and his nurse, I'm kicking ass and taking names.  Sometimes you just need that reminder...

Comments

Popular Posts