Mother's Day 2016

Ya'll...

I may actually be able to blog a little more frequently now!  My life has been made SO much easier. :)

Ya'll know that even though I bitch about my husband, I love him to the moon & back, right? Hubby isn't much of a gift-giver.  Or a card-giver.  And I LOVE greeting cards. (Damn you 5 years at Judy's Hallmark). Sometimes it's just the thought...even something tiny.  

Like a text message - a picture of something that made you think of me.  A card. An article on The Chive that made you laugh (something like Cat Saturday's).  My favorite candy bar. Trying a Brussels sprout.  Letting me go to Target alone.  You know, things like that make my day.

I was truly expecting absolutely nothing from my husband or kids, and I've come to accept that.  

We'd been talking, especially after Charleigh's ECI evaluation, about giving her an iPad.  Something we could download educational games or tools on, something that may help her.  Chad needed a new iPad, since he uses the first iPad we bought - Christmas 2011.  Mine was a bit newer, albeit smaller in memory and size.

Chad had to run into the office on Mother's Day. I was a bit butt-hurt to be honest.  Even though we'd gone on a Trader Joe's shopping spree on Saturday, I wanted nothing more than to sleep in. As usual, I was up almost two hours prior to him.  Nothing new here...

After work he went to Best Buy - he knew I wanted a new iPad badly.  He came through for me.  Not only did he buy me an iPad Pro in Rose gold (just like he knew I really lusted), but he also bought me a keyboard attachment.

This makes my Iife SO much easier.  I truly think that one of the reasons I don't blog as much as I want to (other than having 3 kids under 2), is because of what a pain in the ass it is to type everything out on the iPad, only to have it deleted by one wrong move.

Honestly, I still don't know what I did to deserve it.  But I'm happy as a clam.  (And, Chad is off the hook for another few years.  It's a win/win situation...)

Comments

Popular Posts