Finally TWO

My big girl is now two years old.  I thought that the twins being six months old was crazy, but this...

Yeah.

It seems like just yesterday Charleigh was this teeny tiny baby, fresh out of my belly.  And now?  Now she's two years old.  TWO!  Seriously, this is traumatizing.

We had a fairly quiet day of opening presents, playing with presents, eating dinner and having cake. Charleigh made out pretty darn well, if I do say so myself.  We decided that instead of getting her cool, fun toys that we'd focus on developmental activities.  She received numerous puzzles, coloring books, markers, and other educational books.  She also received a really awesome slide, trike and trampoline.  (Thanks to Tinday & Da and Aunt Ash & family). 
She's totally obsessed with the slide, though she prefers to climb up it rather than slide down.  We're still working on getting her to know what to do with the trampoline, but I know we will get there.  She is having a great time with her puzzles (Thanks Bee, Tis & Bennett) and her Little People Princesses, too.

I ordered a super cute Winnie the Pooh cake from Target since she's absolutely obsessed with Winnie the Pooh.  She really liked it until she got burned with the candle when we were singing.  It definitely broke this Momma's heart.  There was also a cute little Pooh trinket on the top, and she won't even look at it without screaming now. :(. But, the cake (or "cock") itself, she can't get enough.  

Yesterday (Tuesday) was her two-year well check.  Or so I thought.  Apparently, I'm a moron and need to get my shit together because it was (or is) actually scheduled for NEXT Tuesday morning.  Of course, I didn't learn this until I checked in.  Thankfully, Dr Ho was willing to see her so I don't have to trek back in next week.  (VERY appreciated.  He is the best!)

Charleigh has morphed from the child who adores her doctor to the child who despises him.  Dead serious.  You'd think she was being murdered the way she was screaming.  Dr Ho assured me that it's only a phase, and this too shall pass.  

Charleigh weighed in at 23 pounds at 2'7".  She still a tiny little thing, but I'm totally okay with that.  He does want to get her hearing checked, just to make sure that we aren't missing anything with her speech delay and have her speech privately evaluated.  I was really hoping to work on speech on my own but I understand, so she will have both things done.  She also got a poor finger stick to check for anemia, which was also brutal for me.  It's a good thing I wasn't pregnant this year - there's no way I could have handled that.  All in all, though, her appointment went well and she's absolutely perfect! <3. 




Comments

Popular Posts