Thankful Thursday, the Gobble til ya Wobble Edition...

Yup, a day early. I figured that I had better finish up today, seeing as I'll probably be in a carb-induced coma in 24 hours.

Drum roll, please....

1. Reps who bring us treats. It doesn't happen often, but we always like it!
2. Patients who are so very thankful for everything that we do.
3. Insurance. Although it doesn't cover any infertility treatments, it's still better than not having any insurance.
4. Butter all boneless chicken breasts. They make my life much easier, especially since Chad wants to fry a turkey.
5. A job. It's more than some people have.
6. Patients who treat me like I'm family. It means so much, especially since we are so far from home.
7. Comcast! No, it isn't Uverse but it certainly beats the hell out of crappy EnTouch. (We always felt like we lived in the ghetto because of our crappy cable service!)
8. Puppy dogs who are well on their way to a crate-free 2013.
9. My Uncle Stu. He means so much to me in so many ways. He has helped me out of a lot of jams. (Particularly when I end up sick on a Sunday or holiday). I'm really hoping we don't have to bother him this weekend. (Chad, not me.)
10. Delivery pizza. It really makes my late nights so much easier.
11. Holiday sales. I don't partake in Black Friday, but I do love a good deal!
12. Dillard's. living in Springfield we didnt get to experience Dillard's. it's probably my favorite department store EVER.
13. Friends who offer guidance. I have some pretty awesome friends who offer advice when needed. <3
14. Funny stuff - examples:
A. "Yup, I have triplets and they were natural. That means I got laid three times in one hour!"
15. My parents. Obviously I wouldn't be me if it weren't for them.
16. My brother, Chase. We weren't very close growing up and we fought a lot, but I can honestly say he's one on my best friends. He can make me life harder than anybody else.
17. My in-laws. They raised an amazing man who I love with all my heart.
18. XM radio. 80s on 8 makes every morning special.
19. Starbucks holiday drinks.
20. Dressing from scratch.
21. Bucees, though I really wish there was one closer.
22. People who rescue animals.
23. Beautiful weather.
24. Cheese.
25. Carbohydrates
26. Chocolate
27. Wine
28. The simple fact that knowing it is possible for me to have a baby thanks to invitro fertilization.
29. The reproductive endocrinologists who make ivf possible.
30. Disney. I swear it cures everything!!!!

I've honestly been pretty shallow and materialistic today, and for that I apologize. There is so much running through my head right now.
Although this is our second Thanksgiving here, it's still difficult to be away from family. There's nothing I want more than my moms sweet potatoes. Mmmm!
I have the dressing ready to be cooked. (I promise ill try to save a bit for you Gunzie!). The turkeys are ready to go, which leaves me with minimal work tomorrow - getting the cheesecake ready, mashing potatoes, and making gravy. Jury is still out on whether or not I'm going to make apple crisp.
I plan on being fairly lazy, but am determined to put up both of our Christmas trees. And, as embarrassed as I am to admit it, I may go to the store tomorrow (depending on what is open). It's not like we're spending time with family!
I hope you all have a blessed Thanksgiving and eat plenty of delicious food!

Comments

Popular Posts