...

I had a pretty exciting weekend. Do you sense the sarcasm?
It was gloomy, overcast and chilly on Friday so I took advantage of the icky weather and decided to do some cleaning. I actually took the vacuum out of the closet and used it. I also dusted around the house. When Chad got home from work he asked me if I was feeling okay. I guess the dusting and vacuuming (two of my favorite things) concerned him. Honestly, I was just tired of my house looking cluttered…
On Saturday morning I woke up to find a pair of my underwear in the bedroom – chewed apart. Silly dog. Since Chad was golfing, I ran to the store and finished laundry. I also decided to do some cooking, but that didn’t go well for me. Between the burnt bacon (and let me mention how much I love the smell of bacon), nasty quiche and burnt taco meat…Yeah, we don’t need to go there. At one point, I was sitting on the couch with Cappy working on designing our Christmas cards – and he starts making this horrific sound. I quickly got him on the tile floor and he promptly threw up the chunk of my underwear that he had devoured. How is it that he always chews on and ruins my favorite pairs? Ugh!!!
Since the plant is in a forced outage, Chad is now working seven days a week. This meant that he had to go into work yesterday for awhile. I decided to lay around with the boys in bed – since the comforter we have been using was in the wash I had my very old pink down comforter (that is too small) on our bed. I forgot just how much I loved that comforter – I really need to find a lighter one for our bed. One positive to this is the fact that I had an excuse to lie around because my belly hurt. L I have a few things to thank for that belly ache – the spicy hot tacos I ate for dinner on Saturday, the quart of orange juice I drank and the cheesy quesadillas that I had for breakfast. My belly was definitely on acid overload!
After Chad got home yesterday, he took over the television and watched cartoons ALL AFTERNOON LONG. Sigh. I had to do something to keep me sane, so I (once again) resorted to home-maker duties. I cleaned the stove, browned some ground beef (for freezing), cleaned out the freezer, cleaned the kitchen, finished and put away the laundry, got Tuesday’s dinner in the casserole dish to make it easier on Chad, prepped dinner for tonight, and cleaned/organized the closet.
Whew! That makes me tired just thinking about it…
Chad and I had a low-key evening, complete with HEB pizza for dinner. After the kitchen had been properly cleaned, I took a bath (I needed some “me time”) and decided to curl up with a good book. Unfortunately, Chad and I were both absolutely exhausted and ended up sound asleep before 8pm. Oops! As nice as it may sound, it wasn’t too wonderful when I woke up at 3am and couldn’t fall back asleep!
It’s been a good day, for the most part. Made much better because of a patient who brought us a box full of cotton candy and the fact that I found out that Chick-fil-a is bringing back the Peppermint Chocolate Chip Milkshake in ONE WEEK!!!

Comments

Popular Posts