Laid back...

It was a pretty boring weekend at the Coffman house since Chad's plant is in a forced outage.  Honestly, right now I'm just thankful that he was able to come with me to see Dr. Heaps.  I need to not get so down when he's gone...

I did get A LOT accomplished this weekend while he was working, some may even question whether on not I am sick.  (Ha!). I was so bored that I even cleaned the hard floors.  Yucky!  You never quite realize how dirty your floors really are until you clean them.  I tell you, the color of the water was disgusting,  

After I got all the housework done yesterday I decided to take a nap, and can honestly say that I had perfect timing.  Just as I laid down and got comfortable it started storming.  Talk about peaceful. :-). I watched some shows and movies on Netflix and threw together a very last minute dinner - it was nothing exciting, for sure.  Unfortunately, it was 8-ish by the time Chad got home and he was exhausted.  So, our night consisted of laying on bed together before falling asleep.

Chad got up bright and early this morning to head to the plant, and from what I've heard from him it was a bad day.  He probably won't be home for another 2-3 hours. Boo!  I wasn't feeling the best today so I've been taking it easy, though I did manage to make a quiche, dip, and some cupcakes.  (I'm really hoping the cupcakes taste better than they look!). I spent some quality time with the boys sitting in front of the television and put all the laundry away.  Since I am unsure what time Chad will get home I decided to order a pizza for dinner - that will make life much simpler. :-)

Since I finished my book last night, I'm hoping to start another book tonight and I have good intentions of spending quality time in bed with my boys and the book.  Hopefully this book isn't as difficult to get into.

I received a wonderful phone call from my friend Andrew today. It was unexpected and very appreciated. I felt horribly that I was unable to catch up with him at his wedding, but it was great to talk to him on the phone.  It was a very nice surprise.  I really hope that we don't go another two years communicating solely by Facebook!

Comments

Popular Posts