Positive thoughts

Today was yet another boring day in the life of Diana...
Chad and I slept in (which was nice) and his phone didn't ring once! I ran to Walmart to pick up the last of what we needed for Turkey Day 2012 - celery, apples, potatoes and an onion. As usual, I also picked up a few extra things - a few bottles of wine, stuff to make a cheesecake, a wreath (with things to decorate said wreath with), and the biggest mistake of all...a stuffed crust pizza.
You see, being sick and all, I had really been craving stuffed crust pizza - which we had on Thursday night for dinner. It was definitely the best thing I'd had to eat in a week. I was looking forward to eating the leftovers for breakfast today, only to find out that the pizza was Chad's midnight snack. Ugh! So, as I'm walking through the Walmart deli department I see a pepperoni stuffed crust pizza. Score! I was sorely mistaken. It tasted so awful that words cannot describe. The sad thing about this is that, as you may well know, I LOVE pizza! Total bummer. Won't make that mistake again, and I hope y'all learn from my mistake.
After a nice nap that produced ample amounts of drool from this sickly girl, I decided I should get up and be a productive person. I spent some time decorating the wreath for our front door, and for the most part (especially considering it cost me $8) looks pretty good. The only thing that's missing is a wooden C that I can paint and hang on a ribbon. It will happen, just have some faith! I was torn on the colors to use, but decided that since our house is decorated in blues, I'm going to do the pinks and purples that I've been craving!
Since things were slow at the plant, chad got off early and spent some time at Center Court which is his new favorite place, before coming home to me. I got our dinner started - a Mediterranean pork loin and au gratin potatoes. Mmmm! It was delicious!
Tomorrow we will finish up housework - cleaning, vacuuming,laundry and most likely pay some bills. I'm honestly hoping to get some more of this relaxation so that I feel like a normal person again!
On a side note, I must brag about some of our patients. They are phenomenal people. We don't expect anything from them, but they surprise us all the time. After a discussion about candy and how I loved Reese trees, pumpkins, hearts and eggs - not the regular cups. I had the surprise of my life on Thursday - which was awesome since I'd been sick all week. My patient asked how our RE appointment went and pulled out two king size Reese's Peanut Butter Trees. Just. For. Me. ❤ She brought Tracey some Nutella treats and Carlos his favorite gum. This patient knows the way to our hearts. I'm really going to miss her, because I really think we would be friends. She's the only other person who watches the horrible train-wreck tv shows that I do. We may have to keep in touch, that's for sure.
I am definitely looking forward to this week - obviously it's a short week, since Thursday is Thanksgiving. I'm totally ready to feed my face and then go shopping. This year I'm getting another pair of miss me jeans!
The following week will be a little more stressful, but there's a light at the end of the tunnel. On Friday the 30th, I have an appointment with Dr Heaps for a clomid follow up, and I'm suppose to be getting my well woman exam as well. I need to verify that is how they have me scheduled, as I'm going to talk to him about one last option before iui. We have also decided to leave for San Antonio on Friday rather than Saturday. We thought we'd get a room with our Marriott points. I am hoping my appointment time can be kept the same on Friday, and that the vet will be able to take Cappy a day early.
Speaking of Cappy, we have been experimenting and leaving him out all day while we were at work. So far, so good. No destruction or accidents! I'm really hoping that we can get rid of the cage by the end of the year.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Chase will decide to come down for awhile over Christmas, since we don't think we will be able to go back to Illinois. We are hoping, however, to go back sometime over the spring.
We found some very important dates today - for the Houston Auto Show and Mecum Auto Auction in Houstob. In really hoping my dad would come down for the auction - I truly think the auction is something we would all enjoy!
I'm starting to feel much better, but plan on relaxing the rest of the weekend - I will feel like a normal person by Monday if it kills me. Only things that really need to get some tomorrow are paying bills (chad), getting stamps, finding Christmas stickers for our Christmas cards, stamping said Christmas cards and putting laundry away.
I'm also looking forward to Thursday when we can put up our Christmas trees and hang our stockings! I just love Christmas !!
Thankfully Chad isn't working tomorrow, so we will have plenty of quality time together. I'm really hoping that keeping busy and not stressing out will get us what we really want. I'm determined to make a baby on our own, without spending too much extra money. Positive thoughts...

Comments

Popular Posts