Swing!

In my humble opinion, there is nothing better than post-season baseball. Thursday's game was rough since I was at work, but thankfully I work in Sports Medicine so baseball is allowed to be on the television.  Not going to lie, there were some tense moments.  There were also some moments that I thought I may be clocking out and watching extra-innings in my waiting room.  Unfortunately,  I didn't have to do that...thanks, Jayson Werth.
I spent all day Friday looking forward to the baseball game, but since I didn't feel one-hundred percent I fell asleep in the second inning. I woke up around 11, and witnessed Washington's meltdown. The Cardinals are just like The Goonies -they never say die! :-). So excited to extend the baseball season a bit longer. (I'd also like to admit that it was rather fun watching Jayson Werth start 'primping' during the meltdown.)
The first partial week back at work was somewhat crazy.  Medicare has new guidelines in regards to Physical Therapy that has caused quite a headache - there is now a limit to how much therapy (physical and speech) a Medicare patient can have...a whopping $1800.  This can add up quickly, especially when patients are post-op or have had a  stroke.  Thanks, President Obama, for making me feel like a PT Nazi.  "no therapy for you!"
Honestly, I felt pretty crappy all week. I've been having a lot of aches, pains and cramping along with hot flashes. Ugh!  After seeing the diagnosis of Ovarian Cysts I've started paying a lot closer attention to my body. Ovarian Hyperstimulation can be quite dangerous, and I'm worried based off of how I'm feeling that I may be heading there.  I'm actually contemplating stopping treatment (the remaining two months) until we can afford to pay cash money for IUI in December.  I'm worried though, that I will kick myself in the butt and feel like I gave up too soon.  I will always wonder if I discontinue treatment if I would have become pregnant without IUI.  It's just so stressful in so many ways.  I'm sure that my body could use a break.  I'm also worried about being what I call "broken" again.  I have this gut feeling that I've developed more polyps that need to be removed surgically.  Something just isn't right, if you know what I mean. That would definitely push the baby thing back some.  And what if I get pregnant and then find out I need surgery?!  I'm sure that I'm worrying too much, but I just can't help it.
Is this something that I get to look forward to the rest of my life? Surgery every other year to clean me out and fix me up?  I'm pretty much over it right now.  I'm tired of going to the doctor.  I'm tired of feeling icky.  I wish that just once I could go to the doctor for a good reason, like a normal person without worrying about what the doctor will find.
Chad had an appointment with the urologist on Friday, but because of work issues we pushed it back another month.  Things have, thankfully, calmed down since we have been back but Chad is still über busy.  So busy that we may have to forego our trip back to Illinois for Christmas.  I'm torn.  I'd love to spend Christmas here in Texas, but it wouldn't be the same without family. I could always go on my own, but it really sucks to be away from Chad.
Chad has received some Eagle award at work - it has something to do with being a high achiever, I don't really know much.  He would need to travel to Phoenix in November for a celebration thingy, but he doesn't know when.  This is annoying to me, because I'm quite the planner.
After spending the last two days at home and going to the grocery store, I told Cjad we needed to go out and do something today.  We went to Garden Ridge, which may be my new favorite store - its like Hobby Lobby on steroids. I almost took mom there, and I'm glad I didn't because my truck would have been jam packed.  We also meandered through Best Buy where I tried to getChad to buy me a Sonic the Hedgehog video game.  We hit Off 5th Avenue and the people who worked there were just rude.  Nordstrom Rack was great though.  I remember getting things there in Chicago, but was super excited to find some very nice bras for $25 -- at Dillard's they run around $70.  Yes, I just spent $125 on bras, but I saved over $150! :-). Chad took a nap this afternoon while I put laundry away and prepared ham and beans for the crockpot for tomorrow. Yummy!!!!!
While updating our dry erase calendar I found I scheduled my appoint net with Dr Heaps a week earlier than I should have.  I'm trying to decide if I should move the appointment up based on how I feel or if I should just push it back to the next week.  I should probably give myself a few more days and see how I feel.
I really need to get my nails filled and another pedicure, but I don't need to spend that money after purchasing those bras.  I also need to get my car washed, it is so disgusting with bird poop on it. Ugh! And on Wednesday I get to go to the Timmons office for a meeting and wellness profiles.  Since I'm not full time I don't have to do the wellness profiles and biometric screening, and thanks to my dear Babs, I'm in compliance with my TB testing and flu shot.  All I need to do is show up, listen and eat the provided lunch. I think I can handle that. And then I get to hurry back to my office to figure out what time my coworkers will arrive and can see patients.
I've prepped. Yes,f for tomorrow morning, since we will both most likely be groggy thanks to the baseball game.  I have coffee set to start brewing at 510, I showered tonight so all I have to do is take a quick bath.  My clothes are pretty much laid out, and lunches have been made. All I have to do is get out the door without forgetting anything. Wish me luck...

Go Cardinals!

Comments

Popular Posts